Sales Associate, Philadelphia - North
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 9, 2024
I. Job Purpose
Our Sales Associate is an entry level sales position with KARL
STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. ("KSEA"). This position reports to
the Region Sales Associate Manager with a dotted line to the local
Sales market team (1-4 Sales Executives). This position takes
direction from the Region Sales Associate Manager and/or the local
Sales market team as to daily activities and priorities. The Sales
Associate is responsible for sales and sales related activities,
including planning and coordinating the selling, marketing and
promotion of all KARL STORZ products within their assigned market.
The Sales Associate will provide equal support to all KSEA Business
Units that have a Sales Executive in their assigned market.
This highly visible and successful feeder program to our Sales
Executive role will support the greater north Philadelphia, PA area
and is expected to spend over 70 percent of their time at customer
sites. Compensation is based on a competitive Salary, plus Bonus
program based on achievement of assigned Sales goals. After
training, the expectation is for this position to work
independently but in partnership on assignments and sales goals as
provided by the Region Sales Associate Manager and assigned Sales
Executives. Hired candidate will be required to live in the
assigned territory geographic area.
II. Job Duties
Selling Activities - 70% of associate time
- Contribute to the achievement of annual sales quotas assigned
in their territory by:
- Conducting product demonstrations and customer product and
- Effectively presenting and differentiating KARL STORZ product
features, benefits, and procedural applications in accordance with
the product labeling.
- Establishing and maintaining in a compliant manner strong
working relationships with nurses, physicians, sterile processing,
materials management, and administrative personnel in every
- Provide sales quotes and service agreements to customers.
- Support promotional activities initiated by the Company.
- Develop and implement compliant sales strategies to earn new
- Continuously learn and maintain up-to-date knowledge of KARL
STORZ products and procedures, strive to successfully increase the
sales of our products to our customers, including hospitals, ASCs
Other Activities - 30% of associate time
- Train and educate customer personnel to ensure satisfaction and
long-term reliability of all KARL STORZ products purchased pursuant
to contract or KSEA procedures, including providing care and
- Educate customers on appropriate use of KARL STORZ products at
their sites in compliance with Instructions of Use, and educate end
users in matters related to, but not limited to, decontamination,
inspection, assembly, packaging / sterilization of reusable
instruments sold, as appropriate.
- Assist with customer management, including providing product
and order status updates, pricing changes, educate about promotion,
and problem solve for customers.
- Assist customers with return of KARL STORZ products and
service/repair products, as necessary.
- Secure, manage and return assigned KARL STORZ demonstration and
Other Role Expectations
- Maintain up-to-date records, including customer records, submit
timely reports, and complete all required trainings and knowledge
assessments within required timelines.
- Prepare and submit special reports related to territory
operation, as required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs and
conventions, as directed.
- Follow all Company policies, procedures, handbooks, and
- Other duties consistent with the general nature and focus of
the job and/or the goals and objectives of the department may be
- Cooperate with internal and external audits, inquiries, and
reviews, as requested.
III. Essential Skills
Physical requirement/Demands: A bility to lift up to 35 lbs. of
equipment. At an employee's discretion, the employee may ask for
human or mechanical assistance whenever asked to move or handle
equipment. Mental requirements/ Emotional Demands: Ability to adapt
and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and
work situations. Interpersonal and communication skills: Strong
verbal and written presentation, negotiation, verbal and written
communication, and the ability to collaborate and work with
numerous individuals, both internally and externally. Travel:
Requires daily driving to geographically dispersed customer
accounts. A valid driver's license in the state where the vehicle
will be operated or in the state of residence is required. Up to
10% travel outside of assigned region during the year.
IV. Minimum Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience: 2 - 4 years' relevant
experience, preferably within sales
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials: Bachelor's
Degree or work experience
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application
- Demonstrated agility with technology and/or medical
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of over achievement.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal, organizational skills, and
the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm, think quickly, and act
responsibly when in high pressure situations.
- Strong focus on the Customer Experience, sense of urgency, and
empathetic attitude towards the customer.
- Flexible to relocation for career growth.
V. Core Requirements
Degree of accountability: generally managed
Degree of decision making: diversified tasks Financial/Budgetary:
Supervised responsibility on revenues and cost
Safety: Adhere to KARL STORZ safety protocols
Quality: Adhere to KARL STORZ Quality Management System
Supervision: does not supervise others
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible
except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Get in Contact
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Los Angeles , Sales Associate, Philadelphia - North, Sales , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!