Sales Executive, Airway - Kansas City
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: February 7, 2024
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. is headquartered in El
Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution
and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems,
electromechanical devices, and OR1 - operating room integration
The Sales Executive, Airway is responsible for selling, serving,
and providing educational training for all KARL STORZ Airway
Management products within specific territorial boundaries. This
position will support the Greater Kansas City area. Hired candidate
should live in the Kansas City, Missouri area preferably. It is
required the hired candidate live in the territory.
- 30+ hours per week on the road visiting local customer medical
sites (hospitals, surgery centers, emergency rooms, doctors'
- Responsible for the achievement of all assigned sales quotas as
specified in the annual Business Plan and commission plan
- Schedule and conduct in-service product training for new and
existing acute care facility customers.
- Upon completion of each week, provide the Anesthesia/ Emergency
Medicine Sales Manager with a weekly call report in the specified
- Submit, on a quarterly basis, a listing of target accounts that
will achieve the Anesthesia/ Emergency Medicine product segment's
assigned goals as specified in the annual Business Plan.
- Conduct business within the assigned territory according to
- Follow up on all product leads and inquiries within the
geographical territory and report the results to the Anesthesia/
Emergency Medicine Sales Manager and appropriate headquarters
- Participate in local and national product fairs and conventions
approved and assigned by the Anesthesia/ Emergency Medicine Sales
Manager and headquarter personnel.
- Maintain contact and cooperation with all other KARL STORZ
sales and sales support personnel.
- Maintain company property in a proper manner.
Work Environment / Physical Job Duties:
It is the mission of KARL STORZ to advance medical technology in
support of healthcare providers and their patients, and to do so in
the safest manner possible, given that this work requires certain
employees to access restricted and/or potentially infectious
patient care areas and to come in contact with potentially
contaminated equipment. While it is unusual for individuals with
normal immune systems who follow universal safety precautions to
contract illness in such settings, the work environment can pose a
heightened health risk to any person with reduced immune function.
Caution, self-awareness, and adherence to safety protocols are
- 40+ hours per week on the road visiting local customer medical
sites (hospitals, surgery centers, emergency rooms, doctors'
- Regular entry into patient procedure rooms and materials
management areas to observe surgeries, troubleshoot/install/remove
or discuss Company equipment function, receive training, or review
instrument processing/disinfection/cleaning practices (e.g.,
operating rooms, emergency rooms, sterile processing departments,
EMS locations, etc.): Daily or almost daily
- Regular driving/car travel duties within generally a 100-mile
radius of the employee's home office: Daily or almost daily.
- Occasional extended car or plane travel to
company/customer/medical/convention sites for trainings,
conventions, or customer support: 1 - 5 times per year
- Regular handling, demonstrating, installing, packaging,
transporting, and carrying of Company medical equipment
individually weighing 1 - 35lbs (employee to request additional
human or mechanical assistance if ever asked to help move or handle
equipment exceeding 40lbs, or whenever the employee is
uncomfortable with any weight over 25lbs)
- Extensive walking, standing, and potential stair climbing (as
needed) within customer sites
- Regular computer/home office administrative (seated) desk
activities: Daily or almost daily for up to 2 hr
- Technical Competency and Self-Development:
- Possess general knowledge and awareness of the entire
- Possess a thorough knowledge and awareness of the medical
device industry not just limited to those directly allied with KARL
- Possess complete knowledge of all KARL STORZ Anesthesia/
Emergency Medicine product lines to effectively answer questions
and make sales presentations.
- Possess a complete knowledge of the selling process leading to
a successful close, including the use of the features, advantages,
benefits approach, and the side-by-side comparison selling
- Possess the competency to educate and train others, either on a
one-to-one or group basis, to sell the use of KARL STORZ
Anesthesia/ Emergency Medicine products in the most effective
- Constantly pursue a continuing program of self-improvement in
all areas, particularly in terms of technical competency, time and
territory management, and personal research.
Planning and Territory Management:
- Utilize Professional Sales Skills (PSS) to promote the sales of
all KARL STORZ products.
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with the
key decision-makers and department managers in all assigned
- Assist customers in handling all KARL STORZ product lines to
include, but not limited to the following:
- Order Entry and Standing Order
- Return Good and Credit Policy
- Inventory Control
- Product Selection
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
preferably within sales.
This position requires daily driving to geographically dispersed
accounts. If the candidate intends to drive a privately-owned
vehicle, the candidate must have a valid driver's license in the
state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships, and part-time employees are not eligible
except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program.
**To include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Credentialing requirements at KARL STORZ
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for
our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL STORZ
require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition of
employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations, health
screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers. During
the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
The pay range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a
specific team member's base salary and/or hourly pay rate, several
factors will be considered including such things as location,
specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education,
professional credentials, internal equity, and the amount budgeted
for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where
employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To
achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices, and all
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process.
Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at
Get in Contact
Keywords: KARL STORZ Endoscopy - America, Los Angeles , Sales Executive, Airway - Kansas City, Sales , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!