Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate)
Company: Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!Provide guests
with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter
expert on all products, nutrition, services, promotions, local
community events and other areas of animal care and
wellness.Position Responsibilities To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Provide a great experience by engaging with guests utilizing
your acquired skills and training.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and
their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge
to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales,
credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily
balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out
service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding
50 pounds per trip.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related
costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows,
pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in
the work area.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be
able to engage with customers regarding new product and services
features and benefits.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding
products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Promote a positive culture of teamwork, inclusion, and
- Inform Guests of upcoming adoption events, explain our Think
Adoption First philosophy.
- Know the team and the areas of expertise for each partner so
that they can connect the customer with the right partner to
deliver the guest experience and desired.
- Maintain familiarity with current promotions and special
- Be up to date with seasonal training such as flea and tick, pet
summer safety, holiday promotions, etc. when applicable.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Evaluate guest inquiries and as needed refers to the Leader on
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for
long periods of time.Other Duties and Responsibilities
- UTILIZE SELLING BEHAVIORS. - You're the key to providing an
amazing guest experience within our Pet Care Locations. Utilizing
the behaviors within our Sales Model is critical to being able to
identify and solve for their needs both today and in the future.
- CONTRIBUTE TO A SAFE ENVIRONMENT. - You'll be empowered through
our training programs to maintain our safety protocols. - Bottom
line, the safety of partners, guests and pets is our #1
- BE A PART OF A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE. - Being a great teammate
is key to creating a culture that is centered around solving for
the health and wellness needs of pets.
- ENGAGE IN YOUR CAREER: -As you develop your skills and
knowledge, you will have the opportunity to participate in
developmental programs to support your continued growth throughout
your career.Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
- SERVE THE CUSTOMERS: Asks discovery questions to understand
customer needs. Seeks feedback from customers. Addresses customer
needs by involving the right people at the right time. Meets or
exceeds customer service needs, and reports barriers.
- COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS: Listens carefully to others.
Communicates clearly and concisely. Provides appropriate level of
detail in communication. Write with accuracy, simplicity and
completeness. Keeps others informed.
- PERFORM ETHICALLY: Does not cover up problems or blame others
for mistakes. Meets commitments. Is honest and direct in dealing
with people. Acts consistently with stated policies and practices.
Does not disclose confidential information.
- CHOOSE CORRECTLY: Uses logic and common sense when making
decisions or taking action. Uses existing rules and procedures to
guide actions. Considers the impact or consequences of actions and
decisions. Addresses issues in a timely way.
- RELATE TO OTHERS: Relates to others in an accepting and
respectful way, regardless of their personality or background.
Builds relationships by identifying and discussing common interests
and priorities. Remains positive and respectful, even in difficult
situations. Involves others as appropriate when issues affect
- PERFORM WORK: Asks questions to clarify assignments and
priorities. Deals with high- priority work activities first. Makes
sure work is done correctly. Handles problems and issues with speed
- STRIVE FORE RESULTS: Takes personal responsibility to take
action. Puts in extra effort and work to accomplish important
results. Sets high standards for his/her own performance. Finishes
assignments and tasks in a timely manner.
- READILY ADAPT: Works productively in the face of ambiguity or
uncertainty. Recovers quickly from problems and setbacks. Deals
constructively with mistakes and problems. Seeks opportunities to
acquire new knowledge and skills.
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE: Suggests process and practice improvement
ideas. Accurately reports process improvement data. Carefully
monitors the accuracy and quality of outputs, products, and
services. Makes suggestions to address problems and process
breakdowns.Education:High schooldiplomaor GED is
generallypreferred.Experience:Prefer a minimum of 2 years of
experience in providing the public information in the animal
nutrition, care/wellness/treatment knowledge areas is required.A
minimum of one year in a retail environment is highly
preferred.Possess basic computer skills with the ability to quickly
research information from the Internet.Must be proficient in the
use of the PETCO PetNet and have the ability to access product
information using the POLARIS system.Must be certified on all
Companion Animal Departments.Must be Nutrition certified.Must be
PIJAC certified (California only).Have thorough understanding of
all aspects of Pet Services to include:
- Knowledge of the grooming salon program certification (PETCO
Promise, Pet Stylist Mentor Program, Canine Heritage Breed Test,
Pet First Aid.)
- Familiarity with the dog training class offerings and the PCC's
dog training schedule.
- Familiarity with the PCC's photography and vaccination
schedule.Previous PETCO experience preferred.Work Environment:
Themajority ofjob dutiesareconducted indoors, althoughmerchandise
stockingandcustomer carry-outs will requirethatanassociate leave
thelocationbriefly.Because thisposition requiresbending, kneeling,
lifting (upto50 pounds, asnecessary)andstandingforlongperiods
oftime. The largemajorityofthisassociate'stime will bespentin
direct contact with ourcustomers.Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other
Keywords: Petco Animal Supplies, Inc., Los Angeles , Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate), Sales , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!