CA - Right-of-Way Agent I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: Foothill Ranch
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Primary Location: 20 Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA, USADivision: Cox
CommunicationsJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 218728 The Right-of-Way
Agent I obtains access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinates
with local municipalities and pole owners for permitting and pole
applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Participates in conversations to ensures alternative routing
delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
- Coordinates contractor work and make-ready, obtains permits,
Pole Applications, and access or ROW agreements, and distributes
design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and
approves design or construction changes.
- Processes invoices and payments for third-party
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project
meets due dates.
- Work with transportation related entities and various regional
Railways for permitting and right of way coordination
- May function as a company representative with other utility and
- Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data for
- Coordinates with public works personnel, and utilities on joint
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules.
Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material
planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepares budgets, and tracks
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts,
material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and
estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, secures access or ROW agreements,
and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- Coordinates with construction team to prepare easements.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in
database, reconcile assets, and generate reports.
- Attend utility coordination meetings with city engineers
- Coordinate with 3rd party engineering contractors for Make
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Minimum
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e.
Construction, Permitting, Civil Engineering etc.)
- Must be able to effectively communicate both written and
verbally as well as be able to present effectively in front of
groups of people
- Requires strong knowledge of Power Point, excel and word.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work
effectively with teams throughout organization and external
- 1 year Construction Planner experience
- Experience in Right-of-Way permitting in a telecommunications
- Experience working with municipal permitting and public works
Who We AreAbout Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed
to creating meaningful moments of human connection through
broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom
company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and
businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to
build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people,
suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one
unique. About Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com. Benefits of working
at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page . Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer -
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Los Angeles , CA - Right-of-Way Agent I, Sales , Foothill Ranch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!