Front Desk Agent FT
Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Embassy Suites LAX North - Los Angeles, CA
Hospitality - Hotel
Perform in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner, a
combination of duties related mainly to guests needs, including but
not limited to; registration, checkout and cashiering thereby
contributing to an overall pleasant and positive guest
- Guests are greeted and welcomed upon arrival.
- Guests are handled both courteously and professionally. If
applicable, acknowledge reward memberships. Welcome and farewell
procedures are completed with every guest. Verification of proper
identification, input of personal information, and credit are
established. Accurate posting of charges and payments. Components
of rate schedules and packages are delivered.
- Review current days arrival reports. Check all special request
reservations to ensure that the room is blocked per request, VIPs
identified, billing is set up correctly, deposits are taken, and
other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel
- Ensure awareness of special promotions, daily activities,
arriving VIPs, Group/Conferences in house, special requests, and
- Practice safe work habits and ensure safe work practices to
avoid injury to self and others.
- Ensure all privacy and security protocols are followed as well
as departmental and company procedures.
- Answer all calls by three rings and correctly transfer all
calls to appropriate departments.
- Confer and cooperate with other departments to ensure
coordination of guest needs. Logging of all guest requests and room
defects in the appropriate system. Follow up with guest on after
the completion of requests and repairing of any defects to ensure
resolution to their satisfaction.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services,
registration, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel
- Knowledgeable of all special hotel accommodation promotions and
packages for all hotel outlets.
- Recognition of repeat guests and familiarization of corporate
- Correctly handling cash transactions and balancing a cash
drawer to the given amount.
- Maintain lobby cleanliness and organization.
- Accept payment for guests accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a
deposit and accurate reports of receipts daily. Cash checks and
exchange currency for guests.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and
facilities. Along with a general knowledge of the city where the
hotel is located and its attractions.
- Assist in booking reservations.
- Assist with handling mail, packages, facsimiles, and guest
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (4) hours per day.
Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
relations skills. Most tasks are performed in a team environment
with the staff member acting as a team leader. There is minimal
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well
as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure
proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
High School completion or an equivalent level of education and
Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER, Los Angeles , Front Desk Agent FT, Sales , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!