Outside Sales Representative
Company: Columbus McKinnon
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are currently seeking an Industrial Application and Product
Specialist - Industrial Western Region to join our Sales team. The
Industrial Application and Product Specialist will be responsible
for sales growth and business development through authorized
channel partners and End-User engagement.
Formulates business plans and strategies to grow overall sales
revenue and market share. Engages in consultative selling with
emphasis at large end users accounts. Responsible for successful
implementation of commercial business programs, target marketing
programs, promotions, training programs and product launches.
Duties are centered on distributor development in conjunction with
customer contact at key strategic end user accounts.
This position will report up through the corporate headquarters in
Getzville, NY. The ideal candidate must reside in the Los Angeles
or San Diego market areas. Essential Duties and
- Manage your Channel Partners and End User Customers to achieve
topline sales obligations.
- Primary sales focus is on powered and manual hoists, with
rigging and engineered products savvy.
- Cover geographic sales territories, developing and maintaining
relationships with CPs and end users.
- Conduct various training modules and cultivation of product
sales at end users.
- Develop Conquest Program targets to drive the conversion of the
competitive installed base and increase CMCO penetration.
- Manage the territory's channel partner network for sales growth
and conflict minimization/resolution.
- Analyze target account requirements and develop penetration
plans with to increase market share.
- Develop distributor relationships at all levels within the
- Utilize distribution and CMCO resources to provide the
necessary level of technical expertise to the customer.
- Resolves territory issues involving, marketing, pricing,
product, warranties and product modification (specials).
- Responsible for the measurement of distributor performance, and
implementing distributor performance improvement programs, for new
units and parts sales.
- Management of new product launches and promotional programs
through the channel.
- Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to
- Actively seeks out and participates in both formal and informal
- Takes an active role in coaching distribution personnel and
evaluating their competency in the support of all CMCO Hoist &
Rigging brands, products and services.
- Frequently performs joint sales calls with channel partner
sales people including but not limited to product demonstrations
and application assessments.
- Provide sales opportunity funnel and sale forecasting
- Assures that CMCO has a consistent high level of distributor
capabilities to serve customers in the assigned geography.
- Demonstrates an understanding of distributor key business
- Delivers sales workshops as needed to demonstrate
- Differentiates CMCO products and services from competition
utilizing product and non-product factors.
- Supports corporate and cooperative sales initiatives such as
Strategic Accounts, Vertical Markets, and Training.
- Thoroughly understand the regional marketing programs and carry
out effectively every part that applies to the territory.
- Carefully plan the use of time by scheduling activities in
advance to provide maximum time for actual selling.
- Consultative selling to end users and channel partners.
- Report territory activity and results Sales Management and the
organization at large.
- Make effective use of selling aids and literature at every
opportunity, recognizing benefits and advantages of CMCO's entire
Hoist and Rigging product portfolio.
- Maintains territory account records in a good, complete and
up-to-date fashion. Account records should include complete
address, phone numbers, personnel contacts and record of call and
or sales activity.
- Investigate credit department communications and handle within
- Responsibly manage expenses staying within assigned budget and
adhering to corporate Travel & Entertainment guidelines.
- Ensure that distributor inventory levels are appropriate to
support market demands.
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by
Regional Sales Manager Critical Competencies:
- Ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to
achieve financial goals.
- Reasoning abilities and analytical thinking
- Self Starter, ability to function independently without close
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Strong
- Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and
associated administrative functions.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to
effectively execute the job responsibilities.
- Responsible handling of expenses, demo and trial equipment, and
other company assets.
- Knowledge of material handling products and their
- Proficient in computer related skills. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or
- 3-5 or more years related sales experience
- Experience in industrial sales and selling through industrial
- Knowledge of technical products and distributor functions.
About Columbus McKinnon:We design and make material handling
products and solutions, but the most important part of our business
is our people. We have been a hard working company for over 140
years - proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we're
going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and
inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally -
to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our
winning team! Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and
inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does
not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on
the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value
the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free
Keywords: Columbus McKinnon, Los Angeles , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!