Contract Agent II
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Contract Agent II
Full Time/ Part Time:
Executes contract related activities and processes associated with
the procurement of medium level risk/dollar value contracts goods
and services. Reports to a Supply Operations Team Lead. Requires
collaboration with Business Unit managers and support staff, as
well as the ability to provide expertise on cross-functional teams
within Supply Management and throughout the organization. Prepares
contract-related documents such as master agreements, stand-alone
agreements, assignment agreements, contract amendments, change
orders and contract release orders. Reviews and processes
requisitions, develops and executes requests for price quotations
or comprehensive proposals, leads negotiations and drafts contracts
for medium to high level materials and services not directly
managed by the category management portfolio teams. Responsible for
ensuring alignment with category management efforts and
communicating procurement opportunities to the appropriate
Portfolio Manager or Category Manager when they are identified.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and executes purchasing process for medium level risk
/ dollar value contracts for material and/or services within the
Supply Operations team area of responsibility. Integrates client
requirements into the contracting and sourcing processes.
- Prepares contract-related documents such as master agreements,
stand-alone agreements, assignment agreements, contract amendments,
change orders and contract release orders.
- Receives requisitions, develops and executes requests for price
quotations/proposals, leads negotiations and drafts contracts for
medium value materials and services not directly managed by the
category management portfolio teams.
- Works with internal support organizations including business
units, legal counsel, accounts payable, and risk management as
- Assists with development and implementation of purchasing
strategies for materials and/or services assigned that meet company
requirements. Secures reliable, cost effective sources for
materials and/or services.
- Supports or leads special projects as directed by the Supply
Operations Team Lead or Supply Operations Manager to identify and
implement cost savings programs. Works on cross-functional teams to
develop strategies to add value through Supply Management led
- Conducts training formally through training settings and
informally through ongoing contact in proper contract management
and administration policies and procedures.
- Ensures client compliance with appropriate procurement policies
and procedures, standards for ethical behavior, and accounting
policies. May assist in training and guidance of lower level staff
in the Supply Operations team to ensure they understand processes
- Participates on category management cross-functional teams,
bringing knowledge of customer needs, supplier capabilities or
performance, and performance improvement ideas.
- Meets with internal clients on a regular basis to understand
client needs and to strengthen client relationships.
- Maintains records to demonstrate that proper protocol was
followed in the sourcing and contracting processes and in the
implementation of the supplier relationship.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of
- Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in Business,
Engineering, Supply Chain, related field or equivalent
- Professional Certification, such as Certified Purchasing
Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-4 years of directly relevant experience, preferably in
materials and/or services contract formation and purchasing
- Demonstrated understanding of contracting and supply management
- Intermediate negotiation capabilities.
- Persuasive communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and time-management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
- Working knowledge of contract management and/or accounting
- A demonstrated ability to attain skill development in addition
to work duties.
Posting End Date:
Dec 6, 2019
Keywords: SoCalGas, Los Angeles , Contract Agent II, Sales , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!