Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've
evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We
apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and
furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies
around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop
insights in every part of our business
Zone Leaders (distribution lead) provide first line leadership for
a team of distribution center employees. Activities in their
assigned zone may be loading & unloading/ work controlled by a flow
or pull system or general distribution/shipping work. Their primary
objectives are establishing, maintaining and improving standardized
work (to maintain flow at takt time), kanban / supermarket systems
(pull), or shipping processes. Zone Leaders support the three
guiding principles of flow and pull, process discipline, and a
culture of improvement.
* Focus on cost, people, speed and quality. ZLs are generally on
* Provide support and quick response for problems questions,
suggestions, training needs, and providing catch-up and fill-in to
help operators maintain takt.
* Maintaining and improving processes.
* Must understand and be able to have a positive impact on
standardized work, flow, pull, elimination of waste.
* Able to effectively use the standard ZL tools appropriate for
problem solving, process improvements, to recognize and set
priorities regarding manpower and production schedule, and to train
in operation and quality standards.
* Requires a thorough knowledge of the requirements and
responsibilities of the assigned zone.
* Must be able to lead effective meetings.
* Must be a good leader, motivator and communicator with employees
* Understands and is able to implement company processes and best
* Able to effectively improve individual performance through
* Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. from floor to waist; lift 50 lbs
from waist to shoulders; and push / pull up to 15 lbs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3 years minimum in a distribution/warehouse operation
* One year in a leadership role
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're
always looking to get better. We value applicants who are
comfortable interacting with people different than themselves.
Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and
fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or
veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job
Keywords: Steelcase, Los Angeles , Distribution Lead, Professions , Rancho Cucamonga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!