Company: Baker Electric
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 15, 2018
Estimator I: Los Angeles, CAWe are looking for an Estimator to join our new Los Angeles branch who has a drive for enhancing company profitability and being part of the Pre-Construction team that makes it all happen!
As a junior Estimator you will prepare estimates on large and complex electrical construction projects. You---ll have a strong team of Senior Estimators and a Chief Estimator to learn from --- join us!
Baker Electric has been in business since 1938 and is a fourth generation, full service electrical contractor. We have completed projects throughout Southern California and our project portfolio includes commercial, healthcare, public works, multi-family, utility and commercial scale solar, and service and controls. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation.
WHAT YOU---LL DO:
- Computer cost factors and develop plan & spec and design build estimates
- Review blueprints, specifications, and other documents as it relates to the project
- Attend pre-bid job meetings and site surveys when required
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs, price, and labor on all items
- Entry of take-offs into Accubid estimating system
- Ensure timely completion of estimates by understanding the proper bid date and time and the correct delivery method/location for bids
- Assemble estimate folder ensuring all estimate information is complete
- Participate in project turnover and setup
- Participate in post-project reviews to improve estimating methods and procedures
- Assist Project Manager in estimating change orders or any other project---s changed conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
In the first 30, 60, 90 days you---ll be expected to:
- Understanding of the construction market sectors Baker Electric services
- Strong knowledge of electrical codes
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
TO BE SUCCESSFUL --- EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Commercial field electrical experience or completion of Electrical trade program or bachelor---s degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management is required
- 1-3 years--- experience as an Electrical Estimator preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook with a proven ability to learn Engineering programs or relatable software
- Experience with Accubid preferred
- Strong analytic and mathematical skills
Salary range: $21 --- 27/hr+ DOE. Benefits: 401k match, PTO, medical/dental/vision, and more!
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.Apply Now
Keywords: Baker Electric, Los Angeles, Estimator I, Professions, Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!