00706 Color Consultant
Company: Sally Beauty Holdings
Location: Granada Hills
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Job Title: Certified Color Consultant
Positions Reporting to this job: None
Department: Store Operations
Reports to (Title): Store Manager, Training Store Manager
Essential Function The Certified Color Consultant is our steward to
the industry, demonstrating our dominance in all things hair color.
The Certified Color Consultant maximizes sales by creating
increased customer retention and loyalty. The role will build
lasting relationships with DIY enthusiasts and drive behaviors that
grow brand awareness and hair color market share.
Primary Duties: The Certified Color Consultant provides an optimal
customer experience to ensure the DIY enthusiast successfully
achieves their hair color goals. By introducing every customer to
the Hair Color category, providing color consultations, and
utilizing selling skills - elevating Sally Beauty as the undisputed
leader in hair color. Duties also include daily operational tasks,
supporting the larger team, and participating in all loss
prevention and safety practices.
40% Brand: Provide an optimal customer experience and create
customer retention by utilizing our selling behaviors, company
sales directives, and omni-channel. Ensure all customer
transactions are complete and accurate to drive incremental sales.
Deliver behaviors consistent with driving desired client survey
scores and reviews. Determine customer color and care related
needs, and offer professional advice and recommendations to ensure
they have the confidence and products needed to achieve their
goals. Assist the team with meeting or exceeding specific hair
color sales goals, as outlined by the company. Generates
cross-category sales by introducing new categories to each
conversation, resulting in increased sales and profitability
through brand awareness.
25% Operations: Record all sales in the POS and handle all monetary
transactions, such as sales, returns, and exchanges accurately and
efficiently. Complete daily paperwork and reporting and make bank
deposits, when needed. Price merchandise, process back stock,
assist with shipment processing and housekeeping duties, such as
cleaning. Support with planograms, as needed. May open and close
the store. Establish technical expertise pertaining to products,
policies, and programs. Complete all training programs, as
directed. Be a continuous learner to stay current on trends in the
industry. Be committed to ongoing training & education.
25% People: Always work well with others to get the job done in
support of the customer and meeting the needs of the store, which
includes good attendance. Collaborate with a wide number of
customers and co-workers on a regular basis. Assist Store Manager
with onboarding and training needs of new associates. Mentor other
associates to elevate hair color knowledge. Be an advocate for
diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
10% Safety/Loss Prevention: Compliance with and knowledge of all
safety and loss prevention policies. Compliance with all inventory
control procedures & hazardous material.
Knowledge, Skills/Abilities and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 1+ year retail sales/customer service experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and
management in a clear, concise manner
- Must be available to meet the scheduling needs of the
- Ability to execute product knowledge from training to support
with customer service
- Ability to explain product labels
- Can follow direction and perform other duties as assigned by
- Comprehensive knowledge of iPad and navigation of the internet
and social media platforms
- Ability to present a professional image and interact positively
with the public
- Passionate Learner
- Desire to grow and learn
- Flexible & Agile Adapter
- Adjusts to multiple demands and effectively responds to new
circumstances and ambiguous situations
- Talent Builder
- Actively learns. Normally, asks questions to gain further
information and understanding. Open to feedback.
- Effective Communicator
- Typically, articulates well when sharing information with
others and shares information in a timely manner. Asks questions
- Team Builder
- Works well with others to get the job done/support the
customer. Understands the importance of inclusion.
- Customer Focused Partner
- Works to meet the needs of the external and internal
- Results Driver
- Holds self to a good work standard. Manages own time, focuses
on the right priority and achieves that needs to be done.
- Strategic Thinker
- Proactively contributes to actively support strategic
- Problem Solver & Decision Maker
- Uses the right information to make good decisions. Has good
judgement to make prompt but balanced decisions to inform others
and/or the customer.
- Big Picture Thinker
- Understands how the store operates.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Holdings, Los Angeles , 00706 Color Consultant, Professions , Granada Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!