Airport Services - Electrician
Company: JBT Corporation
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Paid TrainingHealth & Wellness
BenefitsDouble pay on worked holidaysPaid VacationWorking in a team
environmentPotential for progressionWork Hours: Full Time & Part
Time schedules available and we offer Over Time JBT Airport
Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance
Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance
services cover the full range of service from 24-hour, 7 day per
week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic
maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly,
semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support
and call out as needed. This position is located at the Los Angeles
World Airport in Los Angeles, CA. Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd,
or 3rd shift - no exceptions.Responsibilities:
- Proficient with all BHS and related electrical/mechanical
equipment and components including industrial controls.
- Provide concise, accurate and sufficiently detailed data for
input of all maintenance information into CMMS system.
- Ability to provide comprehensive troubleshooting, problem
solving, diagnostic & root cause analyses including repairs for
electrical, mechanical and controls equipment.
- Ability to replace encoders, photo eyes, heads and controllers
for the various BHS equipment.
- Inspect power circuits and electrical wiring for proper
troubleshooting techniques with ability to proper repair and/or
replace components or equipment.
- Monitor and analyze daily operations and data statistics of the
baggage system to determine issues and problems for corrective
- Oversee the maintenance program including reactive, preventive,
predictive, and corrective maintenance including spearheading
repairs & emergency response support.
- Provide timely critical information to keep the Supervisor and
Site Manager abreast of crucial situations and/or conditions.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled and scheduled maintenance repairs
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf carts,
company vehicles, forklifts, etc.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and services.
- Support operations with clearing bag jams on the system.
- Comply with the company safety program and trainings.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to work productively and cohesively in a diverse and
multicultural environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the
duties of a Maintenance Repair Technician 3 the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle
or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or
balance and work in small spaces. Ladder work required. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds. Ability
to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around
aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close
proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye
coordination is required. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is
similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee
is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious
places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles,
toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in
the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an
airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver License.
- 5+ years experience in equipment maintenance and maintenance
- Possess mechanic skills including mechanical, electrical,
pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair for baggage
- Intermediate understanding of PLC Control systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus.
- Computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word and
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to clearly direct, lead work tasks, and delegate
assignments to peers.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers and fellow
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift including weekends and
holidays. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:It is the policy of JBT
Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and
not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is
submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT
Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require
accommodation during the application process, please contact the
local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.If you have a disability or
impairment that prevents you from completing the online
application, please seek the assistance of your local employment
services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local
employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support
in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find
information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to
www.careeronestop.org. You may also call 844-286-4524 if your
disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE:
Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a
disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line
will not be able to give you a status update regarding your
application and will not be the individuals making a decision
regarding your employment.
Keywords: JBT Corporation, Los Angeles , Airport Services - Electrician, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...