Production Accountant, Studio Multi-Platform Production Group (New York or Los Angeles)
Company: RICE GORTON PICTURES LTD
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Studio Multi-Platform Productions:
Studio Multi-Platform Productions is an internal production team focused on providing comprehensive production management and post-production services to brand creative and marketing groups. Studio specializes in producing a wide variety of content including promos, image campaigns, still photography (key art, gallery, press), digital series, linear extension, tentpole events, social, behind the scenes, integrated marketing, show opens, corporate, and
consumer product marketing.The Role:
The Production Accountant will have a good amount of production experience and be a self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough. This is a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking and must exercise good judgment, show initiative and team player. He or she should be able to juggle multiple finance responsibilities and projects with a laser focus on organization and attention to detail while being flexible and
capable of prioritizing shifting priorities. Must possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address, or bring attention to, before a negative impact. Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a multi-cultural diverse workplace, transparency and calculated risk taking.Specific Duties May Include But Not Limited To:
- Support Producers, LP's, PM's, Coordinators with all financial activities through implementation
of various financial processes.
- Track and manage re-classing and cross brand support through intercompany transfers
- A/P Processing
- Approval Verification
- Receipt and Invoice Reconciliation
- Accounts Payable resolution support for vendors
- Work closely with GBS and/or production finance lead for urgent payments requests and guiding time sensitive financial matters.
- Manage issuance of managers checks.
- Oversight over group payroll process/collection and edits
- Support in P-Card management, petty cash, coding, reconciling
- Looking across projects bring awareness to equalize rate/fee disparity, eg. Still photographer rates and recommend fee/rate structure for those key creative positions.
- Maintain master Showbiz Budgeting templates for production staff and associated GL codes
- Institute best production finance practices from estimate to actual.
- Be central payroll point and problem solver with EP payroll
- Facilitate vendor setup within ARIBA system and Submit/Confirm PO's and invoices
- Guide paperwork process including payroll for crew, talent, and freelancers
- Assist, education and create process for production staff in actualizing of budgets (PO logs, crew payroll logs, PC logs, etc.)
- Guide and educate, T&E reconciliations for p-cards and corporate cards
- Field inquiries from vendors regarding invoices, payments, and/or vendor setup.
- Maintain financial data points on team's shared drive and in Wrike (project management program)
- Fulfill other financial duties and tasks as requested by VP, SVP, SFPG.Qualifications:
- Lead Production Accounting experience in commercials/promos preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in Finance and Payroll
- This is NOT a union position
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
- Professional, self-motivated, results-oriented with a "can do" attitude
- Able to respond and work after business hours on productions and/or attend to urgent and timely issues
- Maintain confidential information
- Proficiency in MS Office, excel, and become proficient with Wrike, Showbiz Budgeting, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Smart Start/Time/Accounting
The Studio Multi-Platform Productions:
Keywords: RICE GORTON PICTURES LTD, Los Angeles , Production Accountant, Studio Multi-Platform Production Group (New York or Los Angeles), Professions , Los Angeles, California
here to apply!