Company: The Timken Company
Location: Santa Fe Springs
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion. Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is
seeking a CNC Machinist responsible for machining parts related to
gear and power transmission manufacturing (2nd shift position).
- Identify improvement opportunities in programming,
manufacturing methods, tooling, and fixturing.
- Ability to set-up, program and operate MAZAK, TOSHIBA, DMG MORI
- Work with other facility teams regarding manufacturing
capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to
facilitate productions processes.
- Assist with inspection and validation using basic inspection
- Considerable knowledge of work holding and tooling
- Ensures that documentation is in accordance with appropriate
QMS procedures. Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in a shop
environment CNC turning/milling carbon steels and aluminum
including machining set-up, programming, tooling design, and
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing of low
quantity precision parts.
- Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth
of cuts required to maximize production.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals, along with ability to
compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, and
knowledgeable in GD&T.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the
highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and
unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or
move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to other employees of the
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in
- Read and speak English fluently.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalentAll qualified
applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Los Angeles , CNC Machinist, Professions , Santa Fe Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...