Building Maintenance Tech (Facilities) FT - Evenings
Company: MLK Community Healthcare
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
The Crafts position reports to the Director of Facilities. This
position performs general maintenance duties/repairs as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs urgent corrective, routine and requisitioned repairs
of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical
structures of hospital. Complies with all hospital building codes,
this is to include facility equipment and associated controls.
- Documents accurate data of all inspections, preventative
maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Maintains and completes Preventative Maintenance and Daily Work
- Performs comprehensive daily rounds as assigned, reporting any
issues to Director of Facilities.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and ensure that there is
no incidental overtime. Ensures that any overtime is authorized and
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times according to
current HIPAA laws.
- Works day, evening, night and weekend shifts as assigned.
- Ability to work on his own with only minimal supervision.
- Performs manual duties as requested, i.e. moving supplies or
furniture, and replacing light bulbs.
- Ensures timely and accurate information at change of shift to
fellow associates and facilities supervision as required.
- Demonstrates through knowledge on how to use and maintain tools
- Knowledge and observance of safety precautions.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished and written, oral
or diagram form.
- Follows all Infection Control precautions when entering patient
- Basic knowledge of Fire Life Safety systems. Basic knowledge
and response to Emergency Clinical interventions and appropriate
response to emergencies.
- Completes goals and objectives as assigned for the performance
- High school diploma or GED or a combination of education and
- A minimum of 1 year experience mechanical equipment repair,
troubleshooting and maintaining building systems.
- Trade School or on the job training with a recognized service
organization to include any of the following: HVAC, Electrical,
Plumbing, Boiler, Steam and Central Plan Operations in lieu of
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a hospital setting is highly
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Problem Solving, Communication, Teamwork, Learning/Adaptability
skills. Common knowledge of methods and techniques used in the
operation, repair, and maintenance of facilities and equipment. As
well as operational characteristics of a variety of tools and
equipment while maintaining the standard of safety practices
Job Preview Video
Keywords: MLK Community Healthcare, Los Angeles , Building Maintenance Tech (Facilities) FT - Evenings, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!