Facility Maintenance - CAS/ LA Metro - LA Day Care Center
Company: Salvation Army
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
$16.00/hr. - $18.00/hr.
The Facility Maintenance position primary responsibility is to keep
the facility clean and free of damage, to maintain, within reason,
the facility and to keep it functioning safely and properly,
including janitorial responsibilities, inside and outside
maintenance, and keeping inside spaces organized and free of
hazards that could cause harm to others.
- Clean, wash, and maintain cleanliness of bathrooms, classrooms,
hallways, kitchen, storages, all spaces and office spaces,
playground, parking lots, including the front and back outside
areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Perform housekeeping duties; gather and empty trash daily and
throughout the day, spot clean highly foot traffic areas,
- Perform minor maintenance inside or outside the building
including but not limited to, changing light bulbs, patching holes
in walls, painting, moving shelves, and other furniture.
- Notify CDC Director concerning the need for major repairs or
additions to building operating systems.
- Help maintain vehicles including but not limited to taking to
car wash, oil changes, keeping vehicles fueled, keeping them clean
and free of damage. Report all incidents immediately.
- Perform Driving duties on occasion including picking up food,
toys, or other materials such as cleaning or janitorial supplies,
as needed, and as assigned.
- Set up and break down all program and classroom areas for
meetings, special events, programs, meals and visiting groups, as
- Use protective equipment when necessary and follow safety
- Communicate with staff and clients in a professional
- Must successfully complete The Salvation Army's driver safety
program before driving and will be required to recertify annually
- Must successfully complete The Salvation Army's Protect the
Mission (PTM) course annually.
- Maintain good public relations, Function in harmony with The
Salvation Army guidelines, promote, direct, and support special
events and activities for assigned LA Day Care Center.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your immediate
supervisor and/or management staff.
Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting
program demands. Ability to walk, stand, bend squat climb, kneel,
and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability
to be able to lift up to 50lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull
objects such as file cabinet drawers and reach overhead.
- Must be 18 years old of age.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of previous hands-on property janitorial
- Ability to read, write, and communicate well in English.
Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial, but not required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Licensing required immunizations; Influenza, MMR, and
- TB-cleared upon start date
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Must pass live scan background check upon hiring and on an
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver's
- Have good diagnostic skills and be able to perform minor
- Knowledge of proper usage of cleaning chemicals as complying
with Cal/OSHA regulations.
- Good timing, management, and communication skills.
- Capable of handling confidential material, demonstrate good
judgment and act and dress in a professional manner.
- Must be able to remain calm, collected, and polite in stressful
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Salvation Army, Los Angeles , Facility Maintenance - CAS/ LA Metro - LA Day Care Center, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!