Substance Abuse Technician
Company: Cedar House Life Change Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:About Cedar House Life Change CenterCome join our
great team and help us to continue to provide high quality
Substance Use Treatment. Use this exciting opportunity with Cedar
House to develop your abilities in the rehabilitation field and
grow in your career!Cedar House Life Change Center (CHLCC) is a
501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. What started as a small 12-bed
alcohol treatment facility for men in 1973, named "Amigo House", is
now a 125-bed treatment facility and we are growing! The staff at
Cedar House is passionate and dedicated to improving the lives of
those suffering from Substance Use Disorders. Cedar House was
awarded Top Work Places in 2021 and is an excellent place to begin
developing your skills in the treatment and rehabilitation of our
clients. Our organization encourages our employees to grow in their
positions and promotes from within. We have multi-tiered positions
that enable qualified employees to promote into higher positions
with higher pay ranges! We offer comprehensive benefits package
(see below)!DUTY STATEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Conduct intake with all beneficiaries including CalOms forms,
consent forms, ROI's and assessments as well as orientation to
- Manage bed assignments
- Maintain documentation in beneficiary record which includes
intake note, updated case note, discharge note, and shift
- Oversee the self-administration of medication.
- Receive briefing from prior shift personnel on recent
- Observe and report beneficiary behavior to case managers and
document in beneficiary chart as well as shift report in EHR.
- Ensure beneficiaries attend all meetings and groups if
- Conduct walk throughs of facility and beneficiary rooms every
30 minutes and provide documentation of walk through
- Knowledgeable of Confidentiality laws, policies and
- Answer telephones and become knowledgeable with referral
- Monitor and record vitals of withdrawal management
beneficiaries as instructed as well as conduct 30-minute close
watch observation and document in beneficiary record.
- Complete continuing education and trainings as required by
Cedar House, County and State mandates
- Provide transportation of beneficiaries as needed
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.Requirements:
- Understanding of the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and
- Completed twelve years of education or have GED.
- Agree to enroll and complete a drug studies certificate program
or have completed one.
- Will have 5 years to become certified or must be registered
upon hire under an accredited drug and alcohol certification
- Ability to address stressful situations in a calm manner and be
able to communicate in a positive way.
- Maintain current Adult CPR/First Aid/AED
- Maintain current certification and/or registration with CAADE,
CCAPP, and CADTP.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.BENEFITS
- Excellent Benefits to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life
- 403b Retirement Plan Company matched at $1: $1 up to 6% of
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation 2 weeks accrued per year initially, then incrementally
more with longevity
- Sick Leave 48 hours accrued for first year, then 48 hours of
sick leave are provided at the beginning of each new year
- Holidays 12 paid per yearCOMPENSATION $17.50 - $22.00 per
hour***The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free
workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as
Keywords: Cedar House Life Change Center, Los Angeles , Substance Abuse Technician, Professions , Bloomington, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!