Manufacturing Technician - Pharmaceutical Industry Opportunity!
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the
future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions
of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its
foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the
health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four
divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies -
develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and
services in more than 100 countries and regions.
_*Job Summary: *_
The manufacturing technician is an integral part of the overall
process required to convert human plasma to injectable protein
therapies. The technician is responsible for the set-up, operation
and cleaning of various types of process equipment utilized to
separate, purify, fill, inspect and package the protein products
manufactured by Grifols.
_*Essential Job Duties: *_
* Responsible for equipment setup and operation in a biologics
processing environment for plasma derived pharmaceuticals.
* Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to FDA
* Strong emphasis on documentation according to FDA
* Adhere to departmental corporate safety policies.
* Responsible for facility and equipment cleaning.
* All work is performed in a clean room (sanitized) manufacturing
* Responsible for basic process analysis such as pH, refractive
index, turbidity, and conductivity measurements.
* Operates manufacturing equipment such as ultrafiltration (UF)
units, chromatography columns, Clean In Place (CIP) systems, Steam
In Place (SIP) systems and centrifuges.
* Utilizes touch screen Operator Interface Terminals (OIT).
*_Job Requirements: _*
*High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree,
applicable certification, and/or military veterans preferred.*
* Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to
* Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise
* Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to
meet targeted deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with
personnel at all levels in a team environment.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
* Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word,
* Must be flexible with working hours / shifts in order to
accommodate the 24 hour, 7 day plant operation.
*This job description is accurate at the date of publication. It is
intended to provide information essential to understanding the
scope and general nature of the work performed by job holders
within this position. This job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities
or working conditions associated with the position. Other duties
may be assigned and qualifications required may change over
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to
compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit
employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age,
national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity,
pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic
disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or
any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal
laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants,
including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Overnight shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Los Angeles, CA 90032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Grifols, Los Angeles , Manufacturing Technician - Pharmaceutical Industry Opportunity!, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!