Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role:
Department leader for the Los Angeles site Supply Chain Planning
team responsible for overseeing operations of the planning and
planner buyer processes by providing leadership to maximize service
levels, inventory turns and efficiency. Partner and work across the
network to be influential in the planning process to ensure
capability and readiness to support the short, medium, and
long-term needs of the business. Support the site's Long Range
Capacity Plan and lead monthly Sales and Operations (S&OP)
processes. Additionally, will be part of the Site's Operations
Leadership Team (OLT) representing Supply Chain.How you will
- Accountable for service levels, materials availability
(including plasma for fractionation sites) and inventory
- Establish and lead the operating routines needed to ensure
delivery across Supply Chain teams.
- Support weekly schedule adherence (WSA) meeting.
- Participate in Site Supply Chain Council.
- Facilitate agenda preparation and pre-work for important
leadership meetings, Business Reviews, Site Supply Review, Product
Loss/Discards review in a coordinated way so that meetings are
productive and follow-up measures are in place.
- Work with Quality, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Science,
suppliers, logistics provider and above site Supply Chain
leadership (internal and external) to support goals.
- In partnership with the Head of Site Supply Chain, architects
to define the strategic roadmap for Supply Chain to improve service
levels, productivity, and cost improvements for the site.
- Lead the Scheduling and Planning work team for the Site and
present Site Supply Measurements during Site Monthly Operations
- Represent Supply Chain in OLT.
- Establish a strategic and holistic roadmap tied to the Material
Requirements Planning (MRP) and set operational direction across a
diverse range of projects.
- Identify issues that may contribute to organizational success
and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Oversee the development, deployment and analysis of production
volumes and Inventory for Budget and forecast planning in
partnership with Finance and Plasma OpU Supply Chain/Master
- Lead the quarterly Long Range Capacity Planning (LRCP)
development and plans by partnering with Manufacturing,
Manufacturing Science and Engineering into the supply chain network
based on the latest demand signals.
- Lead the Site Supply monthly review meeting.
- Identify issues that may contribute to material/supply
shortages and provide solutions and recommendations
- Review and ensure safety stock levels while optimizing
- Support the planner/buyer's team for issues management and to
establish general material planning policies
- Partner with above site Procurement to address vendor/supplier
- Participate in business review meeting with suppliers to assess
current performance and define future supply guidelines.
- Provide strategic, operational/tactical, and functional
expertise on supply chain activities
- Manage planning team members.
- Provide direction and active support for escalated issues
within supply chain area
- Oversee local/global planning cost centers
- Analyze supply chain Indicators to identify corrective and
- Lead and support projects and continuous improvement
programs.What you bring to Takeda:
- Requires a leader who can flex their focus from short-term to
long-term fluidly and is able to partner collaboratively with many
teams (Manufacturing, OpU Supply Chain and Finance) to align on
Risks/opportunities and paths forward.
- Decisions on necessity of escalation of supply issues to upper
- Decisions on priorities for batches to be
- Decisions on changes to be applied on MPS to guarantee its
- Prioritize tasks and programs within the team
- Workload balance evaluation
- Decisions on projects to be launched
- Typically requires bachelor's degree in science, engineering,
business administration, supply chain or another related technical
field. 8+ years of related experience with 3+ in a management
- Lean/six sigma, APICS, CSCP or CPIM certifications.
- ERP systems knowledge.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical and project
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and
- Position responsible for hands on execution of all activities
in the office.
- May work up to 7 hours on computer using keyboard and
- May need to carry laptop (up to 10 lbs.) to meetings or
- Inside working conditions.
- In general, you will have a combination of sedentary work and
walking around the facility.
- Will work off hours periodically.
- May enter controlled environments requiring special
- Infrequent travel (5-10%) may be required for business reasons
(i.e. to attend trainings, meetings, benchmarking, networking
etc..)What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people
to shine: Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO
applicants EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law. Locations USA - CA - Los Angeles
Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Los Angeles , Associate Director, Supply Chain Planning, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!