Construction Project Manager
Company: Spencer Ogden
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
***Feel free to apply if you do not meet all
What do you get to do in this position?
Our Project Manager is responsible for achieving the project's
objectives. You'll work closely with the Sales and Development
teams to define the project objectives, create a plan and then
execute that plan to achieve these project objectives. The Project
Manager has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational
environments in which the project deliverables are created and in
which they will be used. You may also assist in the strategic
planning for the department. The Project Manager must be an
excellent communicator at all levels within the project
environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and
be able to adapt to a dynamic and diverse project environment.
For you to perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to meet or exceed the business needs for every project.
1. Lead the project team in developing and managing the Project
Management Plan within the constraints established and approved
during the development process.
a. Schedule and conduct all project construction meetings
b. Review and approve design, commissioning, and installation
c. Obtain, organize, and maintain all project contract documents in
accordance with our company's quality policy
2. Responsible for implementing the project; meeting the scope,
schedule, resource and budget commitments reflected in the Project
a. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through the
successful coordination of all project activities.
b. As part of the project team coordinate site superintendent
resources to ensure that installed work is supervised
c. Responsible for overall project (Gross Margin) profitability
d. Prepares project billing revenue forecasts and schedule of
e. Prepare and update project schedule and cost re-estimates on a
f. Schedule and conduct all project construction meetings
g. Ensure that all safety plans are created and being followed
during the construction phase of the project
3. Manage the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation
of issues that are outside of the project team's scope of
4. Continually identify and proactively manage project risks &
issues, ensure execution of corrective action plans up to
5. Contribute to oversight of all financial services associated
with the construction project. This to include but not be limited
a. Implement and enforce change control over project scope,
schedule, resources and budget.
b. Monthly project billings, forecasting, bonds, insurance
c. Payable and receivable process and project re-estimates / cost
d. Lead the discussion and presentation of monthly project backlog
reviews and updates
6. Prepares and delivers final project closure and documentation to
customers and ensures final payment
7. Assist the project development team in conceptual planning of
project implementation during the project development process.
a. Participate and contribute in subcontractor qualification
b. Participate and contribute in subcontractor bid solicitation
c. Participate and contribute in subcontract negotiations
d. Participate and contribute in management of the project estimate
from development midterm to project close out.
8. Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications - Internal
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and
can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily
meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you
to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
1. 4 year college degree or technical degree
2. Three plus years related work experience, preferably in
3. Travel will be > 75% of time, Typically Mon.-Fri. with
occasional weekend requirements
4. The candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of
contracting and construction in Mechanical and Electrical
5. An understanding of (ESCO) Energy Service Companies and the
performance contracting business, Understanding lower and higher
education background, and experience leading/directing multiple
projects will be a plus.
6. Understanding of and proficient in project management skill, PMP
certification is a plus
7. Working knowledge of ISO requirements
8. Excellent time management and organization skills
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including thorough
knowledge of MS Project
10. Financial acumen and understanding
11. Excellent customer service
12. Leadership skills: team building, empower and delegate
authority, ability to build rapport and consensus
13. Thorough understanding of contract procedures and tactics
14. Advanced knowledge of contract law, codes, standards, and
industry construction knowledge
15. Strong written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Spencer Ogden, Los Angeles , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!