Company: Western Bagel Baking Corp
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWestern Bagel® started with a simple dream, a
dream to provide good bagels to a bagel-barren West Coast. Seventy
years later, with ten retail locations, as well as national and
international wholesale distribution. With the help of exciting and
loyal employees who support us, Western Bagel® has become "The
Bagel That Won The West®". NOW WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM as a
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC TEAM MEMBER in our VAN NUYS
location.Benefits:As a full-time employee you are eligible to
receive excellent benefits which include;
- Excellent starting wage
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits (Health, Medical, and
- Generous Holiday and Vacation
- Free Bagels!Schedule:
- 2nd Shift
- 3rd Shift
- Weekend availabilityESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and repair faulty equipment while working under
pressure and with compressed timelines.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and service on
machines; record/report on damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Clean and organize daily inventories, stocks, and otherwise
maintain shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Make necessary modifications and implement test runs as
- Confer with product manager regarding test results and make
additional alterations to machinery as required.
- Assist with tile and masonry repair.
- Learn and execute common food handling safety
- Read schematics, diagrams, service manuals, and
- Other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of maintenance experience in a bakery and/or food &
beverage manufacturing environment performing mechanical,
pneumatic, hydraulic, minor electrical, plumbing, and
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills and a
strong knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools, meters, and
material handling equipment.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, tactful and
- Effective communication and organizational skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and to work
independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer literacy skills and the ability to update
facility maintenance systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Some vocational or community colleges with related coursework
or equivalent experience are required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
ENVIRONMENT (SUMMARY)While performing the duties of this job, the
Maintenance Mechanic is regularly required to sit; use hands to
grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The Maintenance Mechanic frequently is required to walk, stand,
stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision and color vision. The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
Maintenance Mechanic to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Work is regularly performed in a combination of
bakery and shop environments. The Maintenance Mechanic is regularly
exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, water, heat, and cold
temperatures below 0 degrees.
Keywords: Western Bagel Baking Corp, Los Angeles , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!