Senior QA Analyst - SaaS (REMOTE)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What makes this job meaningful?
The workplace has changed. Today's employees expect more than just
pay or title, they seek careers where they can learn, grow, be
challenged, and be valued for the ideas they bring to the
Unfortunately, most organizations lack the tools and structure
needed to create this kind of coaching and development culture
across every team and every manager. Instead, their development
efforts are buried in disconnected systems or compliance-based HR
When you join Leadr, you'll be helping us to solve this incredibly
complex, yet worthwhile, puzzle of one to one people development at
scale within organizations.
Leadr exists to help every manager become a coach and give every
employee a voice and you will play a crucial role in turning this
vision into reality.
Why You'll Be Motivated To Apply---
- You've mastered the essential skills of testing web
applications and need a new challenge.
- At this stage in your career you want to be asked to solve
problems, rather than be "told what to do".
- You are fanatically customer oriented (even internal customers)
and thrive on applying your curiosity and talents to finding how
things work and why they don't.
- You have approached "craftspersonship" level and want to work
in an environment where that actually matters.
- You prefer small teams of people who are smart with a
- Leadr is an early stage startup and with that comes amazing
growth opportunities. Most likely you've only worked at large
mature bureaucratic companies or small companies that aren't really
growing. Leadr is neither of those things.
- You're excited by our tech stack and know that it presents both
an opportunity for you to dazzle us with your current skills but
also stretch and grow.
- Leadr is doing something radical and exciting. You noticed that
when you checked out our website.
- Leadr is in a solid financial position and we are expanding
Why We Need You ---
- QA is critical to the organized and predictable delivery of
quality updates. We value QA and were looking for someone at the
top of their game to own this critical role.
- You will enable us to ship value faster and more frequently
without breaking things or disrupting users.
- QA isnt just about finding bugs; its about preventing them.
Ensuring quality exists from design to deployment.
Our Tech Stack:
At a high level our tech stack is a React frontend on top of a
serverless microservice backend implemented as NodeJS AWS Lambdas
with data stored in DGraph, a graph DB.
Our SDLC and Deployment Process:
We sort of do sprints. We push code to production sort of weekly.
Now we are following a Kanban approach and ship whatever has passed
QA scrutiny to production once a week. We leverage Feature Flags
heavily to control when we turn features on, but also as a safer
alternative to branch-mania! We are slowly picking up the pace of
deployments and are working towards eventually being able to safely
and reliably deploying code to production several times per
To success in this role we would prefer...
- 5+ years of commercial experience testing web
- Experience testing a B2B or B2C Saas product that was a
"daily-use" type of application, with a SDLC that closely matches
what we are striving towards. In that role you were an integral
part of successfully and reliably deploying updates to production
on a daily basis.
- Experience with feature flags is a huge bonus.
- Experience testing mobile applications (optional but
- Experience managing your own test environments.
- You have extensive experience testing web software in all
manner of methods: planning, test case management, scripted,
exploratory, boundary, functional...
- You work well in small teams and are familiar with
collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Discord, Slack and
- You exude creativity and initiative to improve product test
coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- You've been part of a team that deploys commercial web apps
built on cloud-native technologies through full CI/CD controlled
- You are passionate about what you do, you are a motivated
self-starter and are always learning and developing.
This role reports to the Lead QA.
This role is fully remote (work from home) for anyone authorized to
legally work in the US and currently residing in the US. We have
found some states and districts present employment compliance
barriers that prevent us working with remote workers in those
states: California and New York
Annual salary for this role is fixed at $90,000 and includes
meaningful equity (shares options.)
We are pleased to offer valuable market-rate salary, bonuses, and
benefits. We offer PTO, sick leave, paid holidays, and we are
committed to developing you as a leader and providing career growth
throughout your employment with us. We promise to care for you as a
person, and have meaningful conversations with you so you have the
clarity and support you need to do your best work!
What can you expect for your interview process?
Here is an overview of the interview loop from start to finish.
We'll keep communication open the entire way so you always know
where you stand.
- Complete the kick-off interview form, which is part of the
application process. We take your answers very seriously and will
reference them throughout the interview process.
- We like to start out with a 30-minute 'coffee talk' meeting
either by video or phone call. We'll use this time to see if we are
a good fit for each other.
- Next up we have a role-specific practical exercise. We set a
time limit of two hours on this to keep this to a reasonable length
of time. Our objective here is to get an objective understanding of
the strength of your skillset.
- The final interview is a meet and greet with the broader team,
plus a more in-depth technical Interview. This can be done by
video. We'll dig into how you would go about accomplishing the
objectives we shared for the role and your past experience doing
Finally, if you like us and we like you, we will get you an offer
letter in very short order.
While the problem we're tackling at Leadr is ambitious, we have
reason to be optimistic:
Our team is loaded with talented and experienced people who share a
passion for the mission. The executive team has done this before,
founding and leading a startup in the payments space to
hyper-growth and a successful exit in less than 10 years. Because
of our strong track record for success, we're well funded with
plenty of financial runway.
Leadr is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer.
Thank you for considering Leadr as the place to share your
strengths and talents!
Keywords: Leadr, Los Angeles , Senior QA Analyst - SaaS (REMOTE), Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!