GRC Technical Risk Analyst
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
GitHub is seeking an individual contributor with an interest in
growing their career in technical risk management to help support
the GRC Risk Team. GitHub is committed to doing right by our
customers and developing a highly effective control environment
where risk is managed in a meaningful and sensible way that aligns
with our business.
- Do you love the challenge of diving into the details and
learning why and how things work?
- Do you find yourself always figuring out ways to break
- Do you want to see The Big Picture, and find ways to collect
and organize data to tell the story?
- Do you suffer from a compulsive need to document things and get
it down on paper?
- And last, but most certainly not least, have you already
answered the question 'Why are we here?' with the GRC Truth,
If so, you might be the person we are looking for!
As part of the GRC team reporting to the GRC Risk Manager, you will
work closely with your Risk and GRC peers on vendor security
reviews. Central to the team's culture is that of inclusion,
transparency, and teamwork - we lift each other up to be
successful! This is an excellent early career opportunity for an
independent contributor to have a hand in elevating risk management
and security as business and sales enabler as well as integrate a
deeper understanding of risk management into the product and
Primary job duties include:
- Day to day execution of the Information Security Risk
Assessment process for existing and potential vendors.
- Represent GitHubs culture, tone, and spirit of partnership with
our vendors and technology partners as a key function of day to day
- Document, organize, and track activities that result from
vendor security assessments.
- Collaborate with peers to surface problem areas and potential
- Gather and organize vendor review results and data to support
risk reporting and monitoring processes.
This role will communicate regularly with parties outside GitHub,
and success in this role is tied to maintaining a positive impact
on those relationships. Our ideal candidate takes an extremely
pragmatic approach to risk management, functions as part of a
growing team, and is able to balance the needs of a very dynamic
engineering culture with that of protecting the company and
This job is U.S. based and open nationwide, however, semi-frequent
- 1+ years prior work experience with the review of vendors,
systems, or solutions as part of an internal. risk assessment,
procurement process, or other program.
- 1+ years prior work experience with exposure to ISO,
FISMA/FedRAMP, Cloud Security Alliance/STAR program, PCI, AICPA
TSP/SOC, or other industry and regulatory frameworks.
- Proven skills at organizing complex work efforts and tracking
details that may vary on a week by week basis.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and recommend adjustments to
- Proven communication skills and ability to understand the value
and drivers behind adjusting style and tone to audience.
- Experience with collecting data with consistency and basic
experience developing reporting or metrics to assess and report
program performance using data analysis tools - Excel, Google
Sheets, OpenOffice Spreadsheets, databases, or a comparable
- Strong independent motivation, high comfort level with written
communication, use of chat tools and asynchronous communication
- The ability to partner with and effectively communicate with
technical and non-technical employees, security, engineering and
- Ability or desire to learn how to write basic scripts to
automate assessments, evidence collection, and reporting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
### Preferred Experience and Approach
- Experience with team-centric mindset. Drawn to collaboration
with a belief that we create a better result together.
- Mastery at digging into problems, answering questions, and
assisting colleagues both within the GRC team and across the
- Experience in an iterative, transparent environment where work
is shared in draft stages and the belief of Code speaks louder than
- Proficiency at working under ambiguous situations, with
demonstrated drive to bring clarity using communication and
independent research of existing documentation and resources.
- Experience functioning as a business to technology translator
and help bridge the business view of compliance and risk management
to technical engineering and operations staff and vice versa.
- Confident in ability to say 'I don't know, but I will find
out!' with a strong desire to learn.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers
to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems,
and to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a
collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals and in
teamsto create the future of software and make a difference in the
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the
Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything
is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that
allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives.
We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ),
where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our
Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list
of where we can hire here:
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated,
focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program
with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where
we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and
lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from
people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against
employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin,
citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any
other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us
know if there's any way we can make the interview process better
for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Keywords: Github, Los Angeles , GRC Technical Risk Analyst, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!