Distribution Center Supervisor
Company: American Tire Distributors
Location: Santa Fe Springs
Posted on: November 23, 2021
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be
sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and
processing purposes. Are you looking for an opportunity to turn
your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with
an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As
the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast
distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across
the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high
quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies. Position
Description: The Distribution Center (DC) Supervisor monitors and
effectively oversees and supervises the daily routines and specific
tasks of assigned shifts and employees which may include a focus
area of either transportation and/or warehouse management The DC
Supervisor manages a sub-set of employees and provides back-up
support for the Distribution Excellence Manager, including ensuring
the Center meets and integrates with Company's requirements for
quality management, health and safety, legal requirements,
environmental policies and general care of duty. Coordinates all
assigned warehousing activities with management and administration.
Champions safe working conditions and monitors employees to ensure
safe operation of equipment within the warehouse. Primary
- Provide leadership and manages the day-to-day activities for
warehouse associates or delivery associates assigned to different
shifts. Manage employees and team performance; provide SEAL
onboarding, train or provide adequate training for employees;
coach, motivate, and evaluate employees; investigate complaints or
performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed and
in consultation with field human resources.
- Maintains staff by selecting, recruiting, training, and
mentoring employees for development growth.
- Performs daily huddles at the DC to ensure employees understand
work tasks expectations and deliverables.
- Provides back-up support for the Distribution Excellence
Manager; adheres to ATD's quality standards, health and safety,
legal compliance, environmental policies, SEAL operating platform
deliverables, and general care of duty. Primary Warehouse Function
- Plans and leads all assigned warehousing activities with
management and administration to ensure quality delivery of all
daily production goals.
- Manages warehouse associates organizing the labor of
loading/unloading delivery trucks, operating fork lifts/industrial
equipment, picking material to fill orders, staging product for
loading, periodic inventory control and proper shipment of orders
via third party carriers (LTL).
- Supervises and record via warehouse management system, the
receipt, storage and distribution of equipment, supplies and
specialty items in a centralized warehouse operation.
- Manages maintenance of assigned facility, product handling
equipment and inventory warehousing control systems.
- Champions safe working conditions and monitors employees to
ensure safe operation of equipment within the distribution center.
Transportation Function Responsibilities:
- Plans and leads transportation activities to ensure efficient
delivery and operation of company vehicles, adherence to DOT
regulations, and timely and accurate delivery of products to
improve service to internal and external customers.
- Reviews and implements work methods and procedures to increase
productivity and achieve effective routing using various monitoring
systems such as Fleetmatics, Telematics, and Roadnet.
- Ensures compliance with pre-trip vehicle inspections, standard
procedures when arriving, unloading/loading departing, and
obtaining payments when delivering products at customer
- Collaborates with service providers to ensure the safe and
efficient operation of delivery vehicles responsible for the
maintenance of all company vehicles.
- Provides guidance and follow up as it pertains to Department of
Transportation regulations and driver compliance in accordance with
JJ Keller guidelines.
- Deliver an on time percentage (%) greater than 95%.
- Champion of safe working conditions, safe driving procedures
and monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within
the distribution center. Direct Reports:
- Dependent on the size of the distribution center and the number
of routes the Distribution Center Supervisor may manage either or
both warehouse associates and delivery drivers/associates
collaborating with other Distribution Center Supervisor(s). Key
- Other Distribution Center Supervisors
- Distribution Center Leads
- Distribution Center Administrative Staff
- Hub and Spoke Leaders across the network
- ATD Customers Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or
2+ years previous applicable leadership experience in a world class
distribution environment is required. Previous supervisory
experience (direct supervision of employees); experience in the
receipt, storage or distribution of supplies or equipment
- Previous direct management experience over teams of 10 or
- Previous experience in a lean-Six Sigma continuous improvement
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company,
in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable. Key
- Ability to lead, motive, serve and inspire others.
- Shows a sense of respect, humility, and integrity at all
- Ability to motivate others to carry out assigned tasks; ability
to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among
team; ability to implement and follow through with assigned
- A passion for customer satisfaction and world class
- Self-management: set well-defined and realistic goals, display
initiative and commitment to meet goals and work with minimal
supervision; decision-making: make sound, well-informed and
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of
potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Creative thinking: use imagination to develop solutions to
problems; continuous learning: recognize strengths and
- Demonstrate respect: handle all business matters ethically and
in full compliance with American Tire Distributors "Code of
- Teamwork: work collaboratively with all departments to
coordinate effective work environment.
- Be accountable for results: assume full responsibility for the
consequences of one's behavior, decisions, and results; knowledge
of product flow within a distribution environment.
- Previous experience in behavior based management of process to
delivery of desired results.
- Familiarity with current materials, methods, tools and
equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations;
excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures, prepare various reporting via
excel and other similar tools. Physical Demands/Work
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands
and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the
geographic area within the assigned region and will require
overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other
destinations will be required. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to
follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to
reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates
a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees
hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and
the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time
for any reason or no reason at all.Build a challenging and
rewarding career with us! American Tire Distributors is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Drug Free WorkplaceShift Type: 1st Shift
(United States of America)Job ID: R17385
Keywords: American Tire Distributors, Los Angeles , Distribution Center Supervisor, Professions , Santa Fe Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!