Assistant Plant Manager
Company: Lkq Corporation
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Responsible for the day-to-day performance of all departments in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations governing this facility, and as may be
directed by the Plant Manager to assure that the plant is run in a
safe, efficient, and proper manner.Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee all depts. pertaining to production, sales,
administrative, and distribution and make recommendations as
- Involved in managing human resources for all depts. by hiring,
terminating, and reassigning as required in addition to scheduling
- Interact with customers for better service needs and implement
changes approved by the Plant Manager accordingly.
- Help to formulate procedural changes to ensure correct handling
of products and services.
- Oversee quality control and recommend and implement changes as
- Participate and/or facilitate monthly plant safety
- Administer disciplinary action as necessary.
- Help maintain communication within plant, Region, and company
- Acting Plant Manager in absence of Plant Manager.
- Other duties as required.Compensation: Based on experience.
Job Requirements:Education & Experience: High School graduate or
G.E.D. equivalent required. Minimum of 5 years experience in the
preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Demonstrate interest and
knowledge of autos/trucks; maintain organizational skills and
ability to handle multiple tasks; possess ability to manage
numerous employees to meet budgeted objectives for specific
location; be able to work in a fast-paced environment with
decision-making and negotiating skills; implement effective oral
and written communication skills.Essential Physical Demands/Work
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle
objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate
weight. Employee is occasionally required to operate equipment like
forklifts. Sporadic to frequent travel, including flying to other
plants in the U.S., possibly overseas, and driving a company or
rental automobile four (4) to six (6) hours as needed.The noise
level and temperature in the office is usually moderate, but it is
required to walk by the facility and dismantling area where the
noise could be high.Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Keywords: Lkq Corporation, Los Angeles , Assistant Plant Manager, Professions , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!