Aircraft Maintenance Controller - Van Nuys, CA
Company: Silver Air Private Jets
Location: Van Nuys
Posted on: February 24, 2021
THE SILVER AIR TEAM IS GROWING, AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMAZING
PEOPLE TO GROW WITH US!
Silver Air is uniquely different than the rest. Our brand is built
on the foundation of quality, transparency, advocacy, strong
relationships and value for our clients. Our number one priority is
supporting our people to deliver our customers an exceptional
aviation experience. We are focused on quality over quantity in
everything we do, and we are looking for a few of the "Best" in the
business, not a lot of average.
We are searching for an experienced Maintenance Controller to join
our growing team at Silver Air. The Maintenance Controller safely
manages daily maintenance requirements of the fleet and
communicates with internal departments, flight crew, and
maintenance vendors. All company positions share the responsibility
of maintaining situational awareness of operations during routine
and AOG activity and are expected to take initiative to aid in
recovery, changes, and transitions of crew and aircraft that share
a common goal of safely maximizing revenue opportunities.
Communication and teamwork are key requirements.
- Responsible for receiving flight logs from crews on
Certificate, reviewing for legibility and accuracy within 24 hours
of receipt, and returning logs to the responsible captain for
correction if necessary.
- Responsible for input of times and cycles received on flight
logs into maintenance tracking software; creating a due list
projecting 90 days, 90 hours and 90 cycles; and using this due list
to schedule upcoming maintenance (MX) to maintain the airworthiness
of the aircraft and optimize scheduling.
- Responsible for verifying an accurate airworthiness status
within the appropriate maintenance tracking program.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of times and cycles in
accordance with MX program contract requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing multiple quotes and courses of action
when scheduling MX, ensuring vendor authorization, initially
alerting the Owner and Operations (Ops), and managing the event to
- Producing and submitting a MX check-in form to the vendor, with
due list if applicable.
- Receiving the signed accepted check-in form acknowledging the
agreed work scope.
- Daily monitoring of the vendor and providing progress reports
to the Owner and Ops.
- Coordinating the return to service and release upon receipt of
log entry from the vendor and reviewing the work completed against
the work package submitted.
- Reviewing final invoices for accuracy and work scope adherence
and submitting the invoice through proper channels to initiate
- Responsible for coordinating aircraft service support, to
include aircraft cleaning, engine oil servicing, oxygen servicing,
hydraulic servicing, and nitrogen servicing.
- Responsible for maintaining positive and communicative
relationships with the conformity department, aircraft specialists,
program administrators, original equipment manufacturers, field
service representatives, current and potential vendors, and other
departments within the company.
- Responsible for maintaining a current status in professional
and company requirements and training.
- Responsible for managing "Aircraft on Ground" maintenance
events and coordinating with Ops to provide real-time updates to
the Owner and potential passengers on board.
- Responsible for providing updates on assigned tail numbers and
gaining awareness of non-assigned tail numbers during the daily
brief to ensure continuity of responsibility and reduce redundant
- Responsible for assisting in delegated functions, to include
all tasks assigned by the VP of Maintenance Operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of corporate aviation maintenance experience
- A&P License required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Maintenance tracking software (CAMP, Flight docs, CMP)
Teamwork, culture, environment - Silver Air is driven to be the
best in our industry - to change our industry by creating an
environment where our team members can be their very best
individually and collectively.
We've built a culture based on core values like teamwork, hard
work, and empowerment. Silver Air fosters an environment of
safety-first flight operations and service-first client relations.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we encourage
contribution and collaboration. Utilizing the latest technologies
interwoven with industry leading business practices ensures an
environment of peak productivity and professionalism.
Silver Air has built a reputation for being the premium brand
within the private jet community. We offer three products to
support our client's needs: Aircraft management, Aircraft charter,
and sales & acquisitions. All three products work synergistically
with each other and give our customers end to end support for all
their aviation needs. People and culture are everything at Silver
Air, it's who we are and what we are about. We are a team of
like-minded people, that all possess the Silver Air core values,
and are driven to provide our clients with the best private
aviation experience in the world.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Silver Air Private Jets, Los Angeles , Aircraft Maintenance Controller - Van Nuys, CA, Professions , Van Nuys, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!