Regional Facilities Manager
Company: Goldrich & Kest Inc.
Location: Culver City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
GK Management Co., Inc.
Culver City, CA, USA
Description GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as
one of the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial, for-sale
and congregate care through acquisition and development while
providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Job Summary We are currently seeking a Regional Facilities Manager
to join our growing team! This role will be responsible for the
maintenance functions of a regional portfolio all located in Los
Angeles,--California. Candidate must be a strong motivator and
leader, possess solid communication skills, and have a proven track
record of overseeing multiple projects and properties while
maintaining strong customer and resident relationships. This role
interacts collaboratively with multiple team members (Directors,
Corporate Staff, Property Staff and Operations/Construction staff)
in all phases of facilities management: inspections; repairs;
turns; maintenance; and unit renovations; ensuring that the
company's financial, business and customer service objectives are
achieved. The role will also work closely and collaboratively with
Community Managers to ensure that site level technical staff are
properly trained, understand technical expectations, and perform
work consistent with the expectations of the facilities team. The
regional facilities manager will contribute to the performance
evaluation of site level technical staff directly to the community
managers. The role will execute tactical plans to prioritize
deferred maintenance items and develop site staff to ensure the
appropriate skills and standards are achieved. Responsibilities
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and
procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair
Credit Reporting Act, OSHA, and all other laws pertaining to
- Coordinate the repair, turn, maintenance and unit renovation
functions across the portfolio to ensure policies and procedures
are carried out consistently, efficiently and are compliant with
all rules and regulations.
- Ensure top priority is to maintain a safe work environment and
- Oversee and establish technical performance standards for site
level Maintenance Team members.
- Review and manage quality control functions to ensure staff and
vendors are in compliance with approved standards, practices and
- Collaborate with Property Management team for the purpose of
implementing and maintaining services and maintenance
- Ensure requests for service, unit turns, property assignments
and unit renovations are being completed in an efficient and
effective manner and according to budgetary guidelines and quality
- Ensure property staff maintains accurate preventative
maintenance schedules, and quarterly inspections are conducted as
- Ensure proper compliance with all applicable regulatory
requirements and education, knowledge of HVAC units, mechanical,
electrical equipment, plumbing fixtures, structural facilities and
- Collaborate with Directors, Regional Managers, Community
Managers and Maintenance Managers to constantly review Maintenance
Team candidates and maintain a list of potential employees.
- Participate with Maintenance Team interviews and on-site
orientation; provide direction, coaching and mentoring for
- Recommend new hires, promotions, terminations and transfers for
the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the
on-site service teams.
- Assist Property Management and Operations with capital
improvement project specifications, scopes of work, proposals,
oversight and quality control.
- Assist with due diligence of new property acquisitions as
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in multi-family property
maintenance management with knowledge of standard industry
practices in property management.
- Proven track record of hands-on apartment maintenance
- Formal training in and highly skilled in the building trades
with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service and
installation of HVAC, plumbing and electrical components.
- Preferred HVAC and EPA certification.
- Knowledge of laws, standards, and codes that apply to property
management and specifically HUD properties.
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change, establish work
relationships, build consensus, anticipate roadblocks, and work in
a team environment.
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability to build,
develop, and motivate teams.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties in all types of weather
and lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
(Outlook, excel, PowerPoint) and Real Page OneSite experience
- Must be available to work flexible hours as required and to be
available in response to emergency situations.
- Prior experience with federal and state housing programs
including compliance regulations and specifically REAC.
Keywords: Goldrich & Kest Inc., Los Angeles , Regional Facilities Manager, Professions , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!