Truck Driver - CDL
Company: White Cap
Location: Sun Valley
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Make deliveries to
customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety
procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and
equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites.
Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night
deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and HD Supply
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications &
Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the
relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated
(i.e. Hazardous Material to transport hazardous materials that
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification preferred. PRID PRID161 Job Locations
US-CA-Sun Valley Posted Date 5 days ago (1/7/2021 12:00 PM) Job ID
2020-40382 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White
Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Los Angeles , Truck Driver - CDL, Professions , Sun Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!