Posted on: October 19, 2020
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating
businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service
experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial
refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated
employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We
invite you to be part of that growth!
The Service Manager is responsible for the profitable delivery of
refrigeration services for a specific branch or branches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Service P/L for assigned branch(s).
- Forecasts manpower requirements.
- Effectively prioritizes customer calls and advises dispatch
- Ensures customer requirements are followed and calls are
completed on a timely basis.
- Ensures customer rules are accurately adhered to and approves
- Reviews dashboards and financial reports and takes appropriate
- Oversees the procurement of parts and supplies.
- Maintains communication with customers and ensures their
expectations are met.
- Resolves issues or problems that impact customer
- Manages and maintains fleet, parts and materials inventory, and
resolves discrepancies or problems in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains long term relationships with customers
- Communicates company direction, sets expectations and holds
team accountable for results.
- Provides leaderships, builds a collaborative team and rewards
accomplishments of the team.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and oversees onboarding of
supervisors, team leads and technicians.
- Ensures technicians are scheduled and dispatched efficiently,
based on skill level, location, and call volume.
- Manages performance and provides training, coaching and
performance feedback to Supervisors, Team Leads and
- Uses metrics to drive accountability and performance.
- Ensures compliance of Service policies and procedures,
including eSo, refrigerant tracking, time and attendance, etc.
- Ensures use of PPE and the application of safe behavior,
including driving, by all employees.
- Ensures customer service and quality of work meets customer
requirements and Source standards.
- High school diploma, GED, or completion of trade program or
technical school. College degree is a plus.
- 10 + years of experience in the refrigeration/HVAC service,
commercial construction, or a related industry.
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC principles and
practices, including service hour estimation, labor forecasting,
and multiple disciplines involved in area of responsibility.
- Proficiency in understanding and managing P&L.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Proficiency in managing multiple assignments, setting and
balancing competing priorities with strong organizational skills
and ability to multi task.
- Ability to solve problems and apply good judgement.
- Excellent verbal/nonverbal and written communication and
- Strong customer service skills, including an ability to
proactively address customer issues and concerns and ability to
forge strong working relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of jobsite safety, ability to oversee work activities
to ensure safe work practices and safety rule compliance.
- Ability to understand and follow all company policies and
procedures and all applicable State and Federal laws.
- Ability to use typical business tools including E-Mail, Word,
Excel, Work Order/Dispatch Software, Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) software, etc.
- Good driving record.
- 5 + years of people management experience.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated experience managing
a diverse and multi-discipline workforce.
- Proficient in coaching, training, developing and building a
- Proficient in managing time, delegating assignments and
following through to ensure good results.
Our Employment Benefits includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Credit Union
- 401(k) Match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Technical Training Programs
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV)
is required for all positions. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: CoolSys, Los Angeles , Service Manager, Professions , Valencia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!