Company: Petal & Pup
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Los Angeles (Playa District) Petal & Pup US - Accounting + Finance
Founded in Australia in 2014, Petal & Pup is an online business
with an emphasis on creating the best possible customer experience.
We were obsessed with how our 'shopfront' looks and are committed
to ensuring our customers have a wide choice of all the latest and
With further expansion as a global player, in late 2019 we set up a
new Los Angeles-based office, in addition to operating an office
and distribution center in Brisbane Australia.
We are now looking for top performers to join our global business
in order to grow the Petal & Pup brand around the world! If this
sounds like something different that you would love to work for,
what are you waiting for!
We are experiencing a continued period of rapid growth, both
locally in Australia and also Internationally. We are committed to
building a global brand and currently have an exciting new
opportunity available for an experienced globally minded
Controller. This position is based in our new US office located in
the recently reimagined Playa District campus located just off the
405 freeway and Sepulveda Boulevard.
Our Global Controller will oversee a global team of approximately
(5) finance and accounting professionals located in both the United
States and Australia. Our Global Controller coaches, mentors,
trains, and develops their team using a variety of tools and
process to consistently improve the accounting and finance
organization while ensuring the proper controls are in place to
support GAAP accounting standards and the successful completion of
the annual audit. In addition, this position is responsible for
advocating for operational enhancements, driving team performance,
and achieving operating results (i.e., timely
monthly/quarterly/annual close, 13-week cash flow forecast, and
general cash flow management including the negotiation or
renegotiation of terms). Working collaboratively with other leaders
in the business the incumbent manages annual cyclical processes,
researches and resolves complex accounting situations, analyses
data, identifies trends, sets priorities, and provides feedback and
recommendations to brand and platform leadership. Some
international travel may be required.
This Role is Responsible For:
- Leading and managing the day-to-day operations of our global
accounting and finance team.
- Leading, improving, and delivering a timely
monthly/quarterly/annual close process.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts to provide relevant and
timely financial information to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing transaction-processing operations to ensure correct
coding and allocations.
- Reconciling sales and refunds from the E-commerce
- Reviewing weekly margin, sales, and stock reporting
- Analyzing variances to budgets/forecasts and provide
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with maintaining GAAP standards, completing tax
returns, and statutory reporting.
- Daily oversight and control of cash, cash flow, inventory, and
- Identifying process improvements to provide efficiencies,
particularity in relation to the ERP. (i.e., NetSuite)
- Other ad hoc financial analysis as requested by the Global CFO,
brand leadership, or platform leadership.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Two (2) to four (4) years of previous experience as a
Controller in a global multi-million dollar enterprise.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of directly relevant supervisory
experience (as a Controller, Director of Accounting, Accounting
Manager, or Similar).
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of previous accounting experience
(preferably in a growth oriented company).
- Experience leading teams of five (5) to (10) people with
accountability for their performance.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; additional
relevant work experience can be substituted for an earned
- CPA Preferred (or a willingness to earn with twelve (12) months
of starting with the brand)
- Experience with retail, consumer-packaged-goods (CPG), and/or
ecommerce businesses high-desired.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and international accounting
- Working knowledge of NetSuite (or similar accounting/ERP
- Experience with Glew.io or other Business Intelligence or
- Strong attention to detail and a process-oriented mindset.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-growth, fluid work
CPA Requirement - We require that any successful candidate for the
position will either have or be willing to earn their CPA
designation within twelve (12) months of starting. To assist in
either maintaining or earning your CPA designation, Petal & Pup is
willing to provide financial assistance towards classes, testing
costs, and/or recertification programs. Additionally details will
be provided to a successful candidate at the time of offer.
We offer a package that can only be described as best in class
within the retail space today!
? Amazing Employee Discount Program (50%)
? Breakfast & Snacks Daily + All the Coffee, Tea, Water, & Soda You
? Company Sponsored Medical (HMO & PPO Options), Dental, & Vision
? Company Paid Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, &
Employee Assistance Plans
? 401(k) Program (100% Match Up to 5% of Pay)
? Individual & Team Based Leadership Development Programs
? Positive Company Culture that Celebrates both Personal & Company
? 15 Vacation Days + 5 Sick Days + 10 Holidays
Aside from the amazing array of tangible benefits and perks, Petal
& Pup offers you the chance to make a daily impact on a global
business. You have the opportunity to pursue your passion and plan
your own future as part of our team!
#Petal&Pup #PursueYourPassion #Petal&PupCareers
Petal & Pup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) We're committed
to a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applicants from
all walks of life. Come join us, different makes us better
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process
due to a disability, please contact us at
email@example.com . P lease note that we do not
respond to application inquiries or resume submissions via this
email address. PI115283174
Keywords: Petal & Pup, Los Angeles , Global Controller, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!