Company: Newmark Knight Frank
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with Londonbased partner Knight Frank and independentlyowned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. Job Description:
Under minimal supervision, appraises real estate properties for the purposes of dispute resolution, mortgage underwriting, acquisition/disposition, portfolio analysis and estate purposes. Advancement to Sr. Appraiser is made by obtaining the MAI designation, or its equivalent.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conducts formal appraisals, examining and evaluating commercial properties, to establish market values and property ratings.
- Responsible for the aggregation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of complex appraisal related market data through internal and outside sources.
- Prepares complex appraisal reports.
- Completes formal rebuttal letters.
- Reviews the work of junior level appraisal associates.
- In some instances, where appropriate, this appraiser could be the sole signatory on an appraisal report, but the supervising Senior Appraiser will review the report.
- Participates in client contact meetings as well as in the proposal/bidding process.
- Maintain knowledge of current government regulations, zoning laws and appraisal standards.
- Understands all necessary software programs used within the department.
- Maintain familiarity with necessary data sources.
- May perform other duties as assigned Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in related subjects such as Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Business or Real Estate Law
- Must have state appropriate Certified General Appraiser License
- Minimum of 5 8 years professional experience in real estate analysis, market research or related field
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Must have experience and be skilled in writing appraisals and appraisal reviews of commercial properties Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons backup care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Newmark Knight Frank, Los Angeles , Junior Appraiser, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!