Learning and Development Supervisor
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 12, 2024
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
Reporting to the Learning & Development Manager, the Learning and
Development Supervisor plays a critical role in overseeing
end-to-end learning and development projects, with a focus on GxP
personnel training for the Los Angeles facility.
You will be expected to achieve results to support plant strategic
imperatives, enforce company rules and regulations, and promote
Takeda Values. A supervisor is expected to coach employees to drive
performance and is expected to set an example for all other
employees of Takeda.
The supervisor must promote plant culture including Safety Culture,
Quality Culture, and Guiding Principles, including decision-making
based on Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business.
How you will contribute:
- Supervise the daily Learning & Development operations,
including prioritization of training activities.
- Perform administrative functions, including management of the
timekeeping system for the team, and leave of absence.
- Manage the year of performance process and create goals that
align with the business and site strategy.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment
emphasizing the Takeda Leadership Behaviors
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental process - support
Talent Management goals, conduct disciplinary action, and embrace
Quality Conversations with their team, focusing on growth.
- Support Global Learning & Development meetings and required
Project Management and Oversight:
- Independently manage end-to-end learning and development
projects, including needs assessment, planning, and
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet
Compliance Training Management:
- Collaborate with partners across Manufacturing, Engineering,
Quality Operations, EHS, and Quality Labs to ensure regulatory and
developmental training compliance.
Training Program Development:
- Support the development and management of required GxP and
developmental training for the Los Angeles facility.
- Help develop and update minimum training requirements in the
Learning Management System (LMS).
Reporting and Metrics:
- Report main training quality/performance metrics, providing
regular updates to the Compliance Learning & Development
- Prepare reports on training completion and
- Proactively manage the maintenance of training completion data
Training Calendar Management:
- Prepare and manage the training calendar, including ILT
(Instructor-Led Training) and new employee orientation.
- Support completion of training activities for local or global
- Monitor LMS performance, identify issues, and troubleshoot/
correct system issues.
- Provide input on change control processes and CAPAs related to
Communication and Representation:
- Represent the training department in internal and external
- Provide guidance to LMS admin for data entry, training
assignments, and curricula generation.
Training Delivery and Material Development:
- Deliver ILT training, supporting investigations and change
management efforts for successful implementation.
- Create training materials to meet requirements.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Work within a team asynchronously while leading the tracking of
- Customer service and leadership attitude.
- Proficient in LMS systems.
- Collaborative style with a customer-focused approach.
- Involved in complex problem resolution with minimal
- Focus on compliance and risk.
- Work closely with Operation Leads, Managers, and
- Collaborate with Global GMS/GQ and Learning and Development
- Manage a team, setting performance and developmental
- Experience tracking and reporting main training
- Familiarity with change control processes and CAPAs related to
- Familiarity with AGILE and DMAIC solving problem
- Previous experience with LMS system administration including
- Prior exposure to internal and external audits related to
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
Education and experience:
Typically requires bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or
other related technical field. 3+ years of related experience.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 10
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary
work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
Other Job Requirements
- Support Learning & Development needs at the Van Nuys location
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As
a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing
facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the
product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Base Salary Range: $ 81,900 to $117,000. Employees may also be
eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees
are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Los Angeles
Keywords: Takeda, Los Angeles , Learning and Development Supervisor, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!