Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 12, 2024
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
The Los Angeles Fractionation Expansion (LAFE) Supervisor will be a
member of the Los Angeles Teardown/Fractionation Building 5
Management team. LAFE Supervisor is responsible for all LAFE
project activities related to manufacturing. This includes
Manufacturing assessments, planning, documents development of
manufacturing procedures (SOPs) and training curriculum for LAFE
operators They will also be responsible for Scheduling Engineering,
PPQ, CV, and production runs. LAFE supervisor will support building
the LAFE manufacturing team and manage the operation by supervising
daily activities to ensure manufacturing goals and project
deadlines are met by the commitment date while maintaining
compliance with the current manufacturing practices (cGMPs),
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) guidelines and any other
regulations that could apply. They are expected to improve results
to support plant strategic imperatives. You will set an appropriate
example for other employees of Takeda. Supervisors must promote the
appropriate behavior, compliance, cleanliness, and culture of
Takeda, including decision making bases on patient, trust,
reputation, then business.
How you will contribute:
- Supervise all activities supporting the development of LAFE in
Building 5, ensuring all manufacturing goals are met.
- Manufacturing document creation/review/approvals.
- Support in creating RTMS schedule, EBM, procedures, and
training for LAFE.
- Escalate safety, quality, and production issues. Support
- Ensure LAFE shutdown activities are completed with
understanding to the Fractionation schedule.
- Ensure assigned projects and deliverables (i.e. corrective
actions, exception reports, meeting action items) are completed per
the commitment date.
- Implement systems to maintain compliance with current good
manufacturing practices (cGMPs), environmental health and safety
(EHS) guidelines, FDA, and any other regulations that
- Ensure 100% compliance with established department procedures
and regulations in producing high quality therapeutic
- Improve performance with employees by providing a positive and
equitable work environment emphasizing respect, responsiveness, and
results, as well as, utilizing the talent management
- Interface with computerized (automated) manufacturing control
- Be present and work on the mfg floor ensuring LAFE operations
What you bring to Takeda:
- Will work and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated track record of strong performance.
- Will present technical reports and trends to
- Must have an ability to understand cGMPs and other regulatory
guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical
- Must have experience in operation and controls of manufacturing
equipment and processes.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office
- May supervise multiple groups.
- May support routine B5 Fractionation manufacturing operations
in the case of LAFE slowdowns.
Education and experience
- High School Diploma or GED plus 6+ years of related experience
OR Bachelors' degree in science, engineering or other related
technical field and 3+ years of related experience. Some leadership
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50
- In general, you will have a combination of sedentary work and
walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Will work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
Will follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over
the head, face, hands, feet and body
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial
fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold and/or wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including
- Will work in construction area.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As
a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing
facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the
product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Base Salary Range: $81,900-$117,000. Employees may also be eligible
for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - CA - Los Angeles
Keywords: Takeda, Los Angeles , Manufacturing Supervisor, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!