Curriculum and Instruction Planner
Company: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs
Location: Mira Loma
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Starting Salary: $75,000
Spectrum Center Schools and Programs , a growing, dynamic
organization with a social mission to offer hope is seeking a
Curriculum & Instruction Planner to join our award-winning team and
perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation,
encourages creative expression, and offers limitless potential for
personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic
- We Should Talk!
As the Curriculum & Instruction Planner, you will ensure fidelity
of systems in the areas of curriculum, instruction and assessment
with the overall goal of achieving successful learning outcomes for
our students. As the chief educational assurance agent, you will
assure compliance with all laws, regulations, and internal
standards for educational services.
- Providing support, guidance, and supervision to teachers in the
areas of state standards, educational assessment, curriculum,
instruction and classroom systems, and ensuring the use of
evidence-based teaching strategies by providing training, coaching
- Overseeing academic assessment procedures, both formal and
informal assessments to monitor student progress and rates of
- Providing training and support in the use of student data for
instructional decision-making purposes, which includes the use of
evidence based instructional practices/strategies to achieve high
rates of student growth and achievement.
- Overseeing implementation of intervention instruction and
curriculum with an emphasis on direct instruction in the areas of
reading, writing, spelling and math for students performing below
- Researching and making recommendations for the use of
evidence-based curricula in the classrooms that meet the
requirements set forth by the department of education.
- Providing oversight of lesson plans, transcripts, report cards,
grading system and progress reports for the academic
- Guiding the instructional staff in developing long term and
short-term classroom goals and assists in determining priorities
and timelines for implementation (i.e. START Checklist, Classroom
- Conducting regular quality assurance checks at the individual
student, staff, classroom, site level; and making recommendations
- Assessing the training needs of the instructional staff, and
designing staff development plans which include training with
follow up monitoring, coaching, and feedback.
- Providing training and support to education coordinators,
teachers, and related services providers in the development and
implementation of quality Individual Education Plans (IEPs),
specifically with goals/benchmarks that are aligned with
educational assessments and present levels of performance.
- Assisting in the development plans for transitioning students
to less restrictive environment.
- Supporting with scheduling and attending IEP's and
communication with district partners.
- Attending classroom observations, curriculum support, and
- Coordinating annual state assessments and standardized testing
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication with
parents, care providers and district personnel, always projecting a
positive and professional company image, and participating as a
liaison when required.
- Participating with the program director in educational
budgetary planning and the monitoring of curricular
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- Master's degree or higher in education or related field.
- California special education credential.
- Prior experience in the development, assessment, and management
of curriculum, content areas and instruction.
- Prior experience working with students with challenging
behaviors and developing IEP's preferred.
- Prior experience providing professional development and
coaching to teachers preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content
- Well-versed in the use of relevant technology including
experience with computers, Microsoft Office Suite, database entry
and basic office equipment.
- Highly effective oral and written communication, instruction,
curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving,
decision making and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet
deadlines while maintaining organization and attention to
- Advanced motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and
adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of ChanceLight Education ,
the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives
As a member of the ChanceLight family you will be provided with the
opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to
achieve success, and all the tools essential to reaching personal &
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services
we provide by visiting the links below:
Additional Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More! If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures - this is your Chance !
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of
Careers, With ChanceLight Work. With Purpose. Copyright 2024
ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy, & Education, a ChanceLight
company Benefit plans and eligibility requirements may vary based
role and employment status.
- Masters or better in Education or related field Licenses &
- Moderate - Severe
- Special Education Skills Preferred
- Early Education Programs
- Special Education Behaviors Preferred
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organization Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs, Los Angeles , Curriculum and Instruction Planner, Other , Mira Loma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!