Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewAt Shawmut, you will have the opportunity to own your
career and deliver impact within our culture of ownership and
innovation focused around providing the gold standard of client
service for the worlds most recognizable and elite brands and
institutions. We are building over $30M projects up to $300M across
all sectors. -Heres a glimpse into what we are offering:
- Health, Life, Long/Short Term disability Dental and Vision
offered as well
- Shawmut Flex we have offered a flexible work remote environment
for years and we encourage a flexible work environment that meets
the business needs
- ESOP be an employee owner!
- 401K with Match
- Generous Paid Time Off policy (Including vacation, summer
Fridays, holidays, personal sick and volunteer day which we can
explain at time of interview)
- The Extras: cell phone, laptop, tuition reimbursement,
discounted gym membership, pet insurance, auto & homeowner
(mortgage network & insurance savings) and many more.The purpose of
this role is to use complex technical and problem-solving skills to
manage field staff on projects, especially those projects having
trouble. - This role is responsible for bringing positive impact to
projects through problem solving, communication, scheduling etc. -
- Review project for constructability, code compliance, long lead
items, site access, public and worker safety and phasing.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and
commitments and make sure project team is aware.
- Prepare preliminary project schedules, site logistic plans,
etc. to help with project planning prior to Project Superintendent
becoming involved in project. Participate in final review of scopes
prior to buy-out to ensure that the scopes are correct and
complete; work with PM to review scopes for jobs that have already
been set up to ensure that they are as comprehensive as
- Ensure at project start that SDC follows Local, State, Federal,
Building and other owner/client rules and regulations. Meet with
town/city officials, union representatives prior to project
commencement for smooth project set up.
- Ensure proper staffing is assigned to the project. This
includes choosing the right Superintendent for the project, with
the right background, as well as proper labor and carpentry staff
from Starlite if applicable.
- Review the project schedule with Project Superintendent to
ensure schedule is updated and accurate, reflecting changes in
project status and meeting cost and time requirements.
- Oversee field operations for multiple projects ensuring that
the project strategy and contract documents are executed. This
includes ensuring that work is installed per plans/spec with
quality and integrity always looking out for Shawmut and the
clients best interest.
- Communicate openly and honestly with all project team members
to identify project issues and risks to project profitability
during and after each project visit. Continually check in with PM
and APM to review critical lead time/procurement items, labor
expenditures and shop drawing status.
- Ensure that the Shawmut punch list process is developed and
executed in a timely manner by Superintendent.
- Develop strong relationships with project team and owner/client
through maintaining good communication, open dialogue about
changes, job conditions, issues, and following up in a timely
- Inform project teams of all decisions and get buy-in, from all
team members including PX, PM, superintendent and VP as needed to
ensure entire project team trusts your judgment and feels you are
there to help.
- Develop understanding of client professional needs, wants,
preferences and their personality. Use this understanding to find
ways to deliver 10s.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with outside
parties to accomplish client goals. Promote positive subcontractor
relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all
subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project
- Establish clear job specific goals and expectations for
Superintendent staff that is assigned to you and the projects you
manage. Inspire, educate and coach assigned Superintendent staff to
deliver superior client service, profitably.
- Participate in performance and development discussions with
Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents giving time and
honest feedback emphasizing both positive achievements and areas
which need improvement. Provide regular, timely and meaningful
feedback to assigned Superintendents about their performance on the
- 12+ years in the construction industry in both a union and
non-union environment at a general contractor
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Experience managing multiple project teams across a wide
variety of fast track projects is required
- Experience building out of the ground, renovation work in
occupied and unoccupied environments, urban and suburban work
locations, and a complete understanding of high-level finishes
- You will have experience with complex, fast paced, and high
- Experience in Procore and MS Project/P6
- On call availability 24/7
- Management experience: coaching, feedback delivery, delegating
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Construction
preferred.Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member
or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital
status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any
other legally protected characteristic. -Base Salary Range:
$225,000 - $315,000The range stated is specific to Los Angeles.
Placement within the listed range depends on many factors
including, but not limited to, years of experience, project size
capability (for Con & Field roles), and internal company equity.
Keywords: Shawmut, Los Angeles , General Superintendent, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!