Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor
Company: Cedar House Life Change Center
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description:About Cedar House Life Change CenterCome join our
great team and help us to continue to provide high quality
Substance Use Treatment. Use this exciting opportunity with Cedar
House to develop your abilities in the rehabilitation field and
grow in your career!Cedar House Life Change Center (CHLCC) is a
501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. What started as a small 12-bed
alcohol treatment facility for men in 1973, named "Amigo House", is
now a 125-bed treatment facility and we are growing! The staff at
Cedar House is passionate and dedicate d to improving the lives of
those suffering from Substance Use Disorders.Cedar House was
awarded Top Work Places in 2021 and is an excellent place to begin
developing your skills in the treatment and rehabilitation of our
clients. Our organization encourages our employees to grow in their
positions and promotes from within. We have multi-tiered positions
that enable qualified employees to promote into higher positions
with higher pay ranges! We offer comprehensive benefits package
(see below)!DUTY STATEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIESUnder the
supervision of the Program Director, will assist in providing
residential program services. Will cooperate with other staff
personnel in the planning, evaluation, training and implementing
process for program efficiency and client care.
- Carries a caseload; provide group and individual recovery
- Involved in community outreach work, education, and prevention
- Provide and update documentation necessary for residential
program and client purposes.
- Collaborates with Residential Coordinator on residential
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Always enforce all house rules and regulations.
- Safeguard residents and visitor's welfare always.
- May be required to attend court with client.
- Will pursue additional status/level advancement whenever
- Maintain current Professional License/certification.
- Continue to acquire and update knowledge and skills necessary
to address chemical dependency and related counseling issues.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as are
assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed drug studies certificate program.
- Certified under CAADE, CCAPP, or CADTP.
- One year experience work in a residential setting.
- Completed12 years of education or GED.
- Understanding the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and its
- If recovering from chemical dependency a minimum of 2 years of
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving
- Bilingual Preferred PM21 Requirements:BENEFITS
- Excellent Benefits to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life
- 403b Retirement Plan Company matched at $1: $1 up to 6% of
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation 2 weeks accrued per year initially, then incrementally
more with longevity
- Sick Leave 48 hours accrued for first year, then 48 hours of
sick leave are provided at the beginning of each new year
- Holidays 12 paid per year***The company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as
Keywords: Cedar House Life Change Center, Los Angeles , Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor, Other , Bloomington, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!