Company: American Career College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Under direct supervision of the Director of Admissions, the
Admissions Advisor is responsible for the prospective student
entrance process of the campus Admissions department with emphasis
on customer service. - Assists with gathering information,
pre-screening and pre-qualifying potential students. - Performs
routine clerical, office and data entry tasks. - Provides excellent
customer service to prospective and enrolled students in accordance
with the mission and purpose of the college. - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the
essential functions of this position. - However, it in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties you will be
required to perform. - The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Recruits and enrolls qualified applicants into programs of
study beneficial to the students' career objectives and academic
needs in an efficient and supportive manner utilizing sales and
marketing techniques that may include group presentations/events,
campus tours, on and off-site job fairs and other methods as
- Assures that prospective students complete all required forms
for enrollment and processing.
- Maintains current with program objectives, enrollment process,
requirements, and content offered by the college in order to make a
complete and factual presentation to prospective students and other
- Continuously follows-up on all student inquiries from marketing
efforts and meets with prospective students to determine their
educational and career goals as they are related to the course
offerings and sets appointments to interview prospective students
- Maintains and establishes accurate and complete network of
external contacts, records of all inquiries, appointments,
applications, enrollments, and starts as applicable and enters data
into Customer Relationship Management software to ensure it is
updated/maintained daily to reflect the current day
- Manages appointment book, recording appointments with
prospective students. - Notates conversations with prospective
students in Customer Relationship Management software. - Sends
marketing materials to prospective students.
- Takes and/or returns inquiry calls from potential students
interested in obtaining information about the college and its
programs of study. - Immediately follows-up on inquiry calls that
fail to make appointments or missed scheduled appointments. -
- Assists with retention efforts by helping with
pre-registration, attendance tracking, and orientation calls as
appropriate and/or requested.
- Refers all questions regarding financial aid eligibility to the
Financial Aid office.
- Develops relationship with Instructors in order to keep current
on diverse academic programs offered at the college to better serve
prospective students. - Builds rapport with other departments at
the college to be better informed of the college's operations. -
Monitors class availability.
- Understands and conforms to the college's philosophy of truly
caring about students and providing excellent service to
prospective and enrolled students.
- Conducts planned phone campaign. - Calls prospective students
from lists provided by Admissions Director. - Explains the various
programs offered by the college. - Ensures adequate time for
prospective student inquiry and follow-up. - Provides adequate
information on phone to encourage prospective students to set up in
person appointments. - Encourages prospective students to refer
other prospective students.
- Consistently conducts ethical and complete information
sessions. - Determines educational level of prospective students. -
Answers student questions, offers guidance on programs, alternative
programs and admissions process. - Establishes students career
choice. - Conducts tours for prospective students.
- Provides accurate numbers of new students to Director of
- Assists prospective students with completing enrollment
packets. - - Verifies and records prospective student information.
- Completes tuition information sheet for Financial Aid
department. - Discusses financial obligations with prospective
students. - Reviews students Financial Aid outcomes to determine
- Follows up on new student attendance.
- Addresses questions and concerns from new students. -
Emphasizes importance of orientation to new students. - Maintains
acceptable level of referrals.
- Participates in Student Appreciation Day and graduations.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as
scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the College's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance
Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and
attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or
college information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department
equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes
- May perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION: - High school
graduate or equivalent required. - LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: None
- Experience in marketing or related environment preferred.
- Experience with MS Office. -
- Experience with data entry and multi-line phone aptitude.
- Experience with reception and telephone techniques. ABOUT
American Career College's commitment to quality education for over
40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare
training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange
County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all
students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential.
To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career
College's mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and
technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level
positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the
opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by
educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with
incredible people, and grow in your own profession.Our benefited
faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentAmerican Career College is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: ACC Los
Keywords: American Career College, Los Angeles , Admissions Advisor, Other , Lawndale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!