Company: Howard Building Corporation
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description:The Project Engineer is responsible for the review,
delivery, and tracking of material submittals and solution-oriented
RFIs as assigned by project management staff. He or she is
accountable for tracking long-lead items with vendors and updating
project staff on material deliveries for timely project completion.
The PE must be focused on each assigned project's schedule and
required deliverables at all times. This is an exempt position as
defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act.At HBC, we're building the
future one space at a time. We are a 100% employee-owned company.
With nearly 40 years as a general contracting firm, we understand
the complexity of construction. Our team is filled with specialists
who are not only accomplished in their field, but also innovative
in their execution. From the moment a project is established, we
take the time to meticulously interpret our clients' needs. Using
the newest technology and project management tools, we ensure that
every step of the process is clear and comprehensive, keeping our
clients engaged and inspired. What begins with their unique vision,
ends with the realization of their ultimate reality. Our approach
to construction is more refined than most, but then again, so are
our results. What we offer
- Employee stock ownership
- Paid health insurance
- Flexible schedules (restrictions apply)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid volunteer hours
- Work-life balance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral bonuses
- Internal committees
- Professional development
- MentorshipRoutine Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist project staff with RFP responses and collection of trade
costs for budgets and bids.
- Assist project staff with schedule tracking and weekly schedule
- Assist project staff with the tracking of cost control items
and generation of change estimates for project scope
- Create solution-oriented RFI's, update logs, and track
responses with project staff.
- Review and issue submittals, track responses, and issue same to
subcontractors for action.
- Maintain long-lead tracking logs and prompt subcontractors for
submittals and order updates.
- Deliver documentation and updates to Superintendents to perform
work, inclusive of : Subcontracts, current plans and
specifications, permits, schedules, meeting minutes, change orders,
bulletins, submittals, RFI responses, correspondence, job hazard
and safety reports; required postings, project directories, and
emergency contact info.
- Routinely visit project sites to monitor status with project
staff and subcontractors.
- Assist project staff with project close-out manuals for clients
and building owners.
- Support clients and building owners with warranty
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Project Engineer,
intern, or equivalent position in the construction industry.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's
degree or some college credit in a related field is preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions and read plans and project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe, and
similar office software. Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Due to the nature of active construction sites and related
physical demands, all staff must be aware of hazards, use PPE
appropriately to ensure their own safety, and be attendant to the
safety of all workers, clients, and visitors. Privacy Statement
Most of the information we collect is information provided directly
by you and includes information submitted by you through forms or
links on the site, emails or other electronic messages, and the job
application portal - a list of the information we collect and
purpose for collection can be found at the following link: We do
not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable
information to third parties except that some information may be
processed or stored by third party service providers who are
contractually obligated to only use such information for purposes
of carrying out their contractual obligations in support of our
business functions. Please apply via the " APPLY" tab found below
or email resume to Agnes Cimino, email@example.comHoward
Building Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit,
hire, train, and promote individuals without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender,
marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, medical condition genetic information, disability,
military status or protected veteran status or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws,
including the CA Fair Chance Act. HBC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer in compliance with the California Fair Chance Act and the
Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Initiative. PM22
Keywords: Howard Building Corporation, Los Angeles , Project Engineer, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!