Clinical Pharmacist - Home Infusion
Company: IV League, Inc
Location: Culver City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
IV League is one of Southern California's most recognized home
infusion companies. We work with prominent hospitals, physicians,
oncology clinics, M.S. clinics, and surgery centers, providing I.V.
and specialty medications for patients in the home or office
settings. We currently have a full-time position open in our Culver
City office. Successful candidates must have a minimum of two years
of hospital or home infusion experience and enjoy working in a
fast-paced clinical environment.
- Upholds IV League's Policies and Procedures and applicable state,
federal and local laws.
- Is accountable for knowledge of updated clinical skills,
knowledge of regulatory changes, and assurance of workplace safety,
and a safe and healthy working environment.
- Verifies, interprets, and reviews prescription medication orders
for appropriateness, accuracy, and completeness, with special
consideration given to patients with specific disease states and
special age groups being served.
- Oversee the safety, appropriateness, and effectiveness of the
pharmaceutical care provided to patients (consumers), as it relates
to specialty products dispensed.
- Assess patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develop a
patient care plan and drug-specific monitoring regimen; monitor the
patient according to the care plan throughout the course of
- Communicate with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other
pharmacists, and other members of the health care team regarding
patient status, response to therapy and clinical objectives to
ensure that clinical outcomes are met.
- Performs drug conversions and calculations.
- Exhibits proper use, handling and compounding of both sterile and
- Ensure compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy,
OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
- Provide oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager in receiving prescription orders for
oncology and infusion therapy.
- Maintain patient profile records and prescription files where
- Order and maintain appropriate stock levels of IV drugs and
supplies in compliance with contracts.
- Assist with the proper accounting and transfer of IV
pharmaceuticals to infusion therapy and oncology centers.
- Identify special needs related to drugs and IV medical
- Check and verify all medications before they are sent out to be
- Maintain appropriate logs and cleaning records of biomedical
equipment; arrange for preventative maintenance and inspection.
- Carry out various quality assurance procedures including flow
hood cleaning, repairs and inspection, and biological laboratory
- Assemble supplies and arrange for proper delivery or pickup of
home infusion medications and supplies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of admixture machinery and keep IV room
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and contributes
as a team player.
- Responsible for Other duties as assigned.
- Must have open, active, and in good standing CA State Pharmacist
- Two years of hospital, home infusion or releavant clinical
*Physical Demands: *
- Possible prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Possible prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
*Work Schedule: *
- Monday - Friday (rotating hours as assigned by Pharmacy Manager),
weekends as requested by Pharmacy Manager.
*Pay and Benefits: *
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sick Leave
*(Waiting period may apply for benefits) *
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Hours per week:
* 40 plus overtime
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $121,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Clinical Pharmacist: 2 years (Required)
* California Pharmacist License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: IV League, Inc, Los Angeles , Clinical Pharmacist - Home Infusion, Other , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!