Safety & Security Officer-Night
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: November 26, 2022
A Safety & Security Officer-Night is responsible for providing
protection for hotel guests employees and property during the
overnight hours. They are also responsible for providing guests
with a sense of comfort and well being by maintaining a level of
visibility. Depending on the hotel may be stationed in the base
office for security of the Associate entrance and for conducting
temperature checks during COVID procedures (as
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred
- Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must
comply with State requirements)
- CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver Certified RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Answer phone and dispatch in a timely manner in addition to
demonstrating proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other Associates; maintain radio contact with
the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
- Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and
the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not
on property walks.
- Maintain and review daily activity log.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and Associate
- Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning
and end of shift.
- Open secured areas for authorized personnel; checks ID of
visitors/Associates as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position (i.e.
local ordinances state ordinances etc.).
- Assist guests to their rooms or help guests enter their
- Investigates room thefts auto accidents/thefts and assault
complaints for guests (not for Associates); serves as the first
responder partnering with Department Head/Hotel leadership to write
the incident report.
- Assist outside agencies as necessary.
- Provide escort.
- Assist HR/MOD with responding to Associate altercations.
- Assist with intoxicated guests.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking
- Respond to security alarms and monitor TV cameras (CCTV) (if
- Challenge suspicious persons.
- Conduct rounds checking for safety hazards checking lights and
door locks and picking up items left on the property.
- Assist during medical emergencies administering First
Aid/C.P.R/Heimlich maneuver as necessary.
- In partnership with Department Head/Hotel leadership completes
Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Receive deliveries; deliver requested items to guest rooms as
- Assist Front Desk with Express Check-outs newspaper delivery
and with van runs as requested or applicable to the needs of the
- Handle items for Lost and Found according to the
- Works special functions attends meetings and/or performs other
duties as required.This is a part of a dual branded property
location. These are sister hotels - the Fairfield by Marriott El
Segundo/LAX and the Aloft El Segundo/ LAX.Our recently renovated
Fairfield by Marriott is a hotel near LAX airport, located just one
mile away. A top choice among LAX hotels with shuttle service, our
service is free and runs 24 hours a day. Guests enjoy our
complimentary hot buffet breakfast, as well as free WiFi
throughout. Suites feature a microwave and pullout sofa bed for
their convenience. We are within walking distance of many corporate
offices such as Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, AT&T, Chevron and
Mattel. The Fairfield Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo hotel is also just
minutes away from Manhattan Beach and located on the Pacific Coast
Highway.As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and
22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury
hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates
around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and
driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone
is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with
Aimbridge Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired
into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits
package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-184827 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Part-Time Street: 525 Pacific Coast Highway
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Los Angeles , Safety & Security Officer-Night, Other , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!