Lead UX Designer
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The User Experience & Research team is a full-service Product
Design organization within DIRECTV's Entertainment Group. We are
made up of experts in UX, UI, Design Research, Design Strategy,
Interaction Design and Copy. We are responsible for the user
experience for all of DIRECTV's products including DIRECTV STREAM,
DIRECTV Satellite, NFL Sunday Ticket & DIRECTV Commercial. Our work
is industry leading and used by over 26 million customers daily.
The Role As a Lead UX Designer, you will help define and drive the
future design of DIRECTV entertainment products. With your keen
understanding of complex UX ecosystems, you will identify and set
product experience strategy alongside cross-functional key
stakeholders and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's
possible. Your clear vision towards intuitive user experience will
guide various projects from tactical experience design through to
launch for various digital features and products. About You You are
a great systems-level design thinker, design leader who will
provide leadership, mentorship and direction for your projects and
team members. You can understand the business aspects of the
products, technical feasibility, as well as the needs of the users.
You can lead a team to create a simple yet intuitive user
experience, without missing any of those core needs from all
parties. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated
self-starter who is eager to help shape their own role and
contribution. Measures for Success
- Lead the design of intuitive, and desirable products within a
- Successfully juggle multiple projects spanning in scale and
complexity with hands on experience throughout the process, from
facilitating team working sessions to ensuring successful delivery
of all UX documentation and use cases.
- Work with Product and other Design Leads to understand roadmap,
timing, scope of each project.
- Mentor and develop UX designers within the design
- Provide leadership, direction and partnership with a team of UX
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design
solutions in partnership with UI, Motion, Copy & Research.
- Craft, pitch, and validate short to long-term design strategies
based on consumer personas.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn
from our customers.
- Build strong relationships with leaders inside and outside your
core team to effectively develop products that are cohesive,
inclusive and well-informed by user data.
- Implement culture and principles within the group, while
setting new standards in executional and operational
- Bring insight-driven design solutions to the table and be
prepared to present them to a variety of stakeholder levels, defend
your designs and give thoughtful consideration to feedback.
- Uphold and maintain detailed UX documentation, ensuring quality
and consistency of UX specifications across our deliveries.
- 8+ years of UX design. In-house is preferable but will consider
the right candidates coming from agency-side.
- Experience leading & mentoring Jr to Sr UX designers on
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with demonstrated
documentation of those experiences.
- Strong focus on interaction design and an understanding that UX
and UI are two sides of the same coin.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define,
manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
across different audiences and varying levels of the
- Strong understanding of the latest developments in digital
technology, responsive/adaptive web design, prototyping, native
apps and emerging platforms.
- Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as
agile development and lean design methodologies.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to understand
research or data and apply it to designs.
- Bachelor's in fine arts, Communication Design, Interactive
Design, HCI or related field. Master's a plus. This position is
subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for
additional information. This position can earn between
$144,500-$192,600. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards
that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition
reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and
services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about
around here. This is a remote position that can be located anywhere
in the United States. #LI-Remote Ready to join our team? Apply
today!Job Posting: Sep 20, 2022, 4:57:05 PM
Job Level: Senior Associate/Second Level Manager
Keywords: DIRECTV, Los Angeles , Lead UX Designer, Other , Montrose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!