Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
What's so interesting about this role?
We are looking for a well-rounded Product Designer who has a
passion for conceiving and executing simple and impactful
interfaces for the queer community. Grindr is a huge, uniquely
important app, and you'll be part of a small team that shapes the
direction and future of a product used by over 15 million people a
month. This is an opportunity to directly affect the lives of
millions of people through your aesthetic, interaction, and product
What's the job?
- Design valuable, cohesive, and delightful user experiences for
- Collaborate with design team members
- Partner closely with engineering and product owners to find
elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members,
stakeholders, and users.
- Always be an advocate for our users.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices,
patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push
the product forward.
What we'll love about you
- Experience: 2 - 4 years of experience in product design, UI
design, and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in
Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Experience with
Responsive web is a plus.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Proto.io (or
another prototyping tool)
- Highly collaborative. Able to build trust & strong
relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority,
and push back when appropriate.
- Confident in your own skill but respectful of the contributions
- Curious about user behavior and have empathy for diverse
- Dedicated to simplicity and visual harmony.
- Experimental by nature, excited to incorporate A/B testing and
user research into your process
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Process-oriented, but
- Knowledgeable of industry and platform-specific patterns.
We'll really swoon if you have
- Front-end web development skills or experience creating
websites with WebFlow, Squarespace, or similar
- Experience designing for social media or dating apps
- Experience working on a live app
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social
networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of
LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San
Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and
Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where
we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health,
dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and
immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly
stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends
for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office
setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world's largest
social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have
millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in
almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that
expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content,
we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for
our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can
discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of
multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is
demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for
users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive &
uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best
selves. At the heart of Grindr's mission in this new chapter is a
shared set of core values including transparency, accountability,
experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about how we handle the personal data of applicants,
Keywords: Grindr, Los Angeles , Product Designer, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!