Strategic Account Executive (K-12)
Company: Varsity Tutors
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Position Description:Join us in revolutionizing how the world
learns!Varsity Tutors is searching for a full-time Strategic
Account Executive (AE) to join our K-12 institutional Varsity
Tutors for Schools sales team! The AE will be a critical part of
expanding Varsity Tutors' K-12 institutional business: They will be
responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at
the school district level in addition to selling Varsity Tutors'
suite of products to bring live-learning solutions to students
district wide. They will be well-versed in the K-12 education
landscape, including funding, state initiatives, demographics, and
the procurement process for K-12 schools, which will help inform
their overall sales strategy. They will use a process-driven
approach to drive organic growth of the K-12 business and will be
adaptive to developing new procurement strategies in the remote
K-12 market. This role is remote with national territory coverage,
allowing the AE to drive business across the K-12 institution
market.The individual in this role will secure large, competitive,
high-stakes partnership deals that may require deeper negotiation
with district stakeholders. The AE needs to exhibit a high level of
professionalism, possess RFP skills, and have the ability to build
strong relationships with key stakeholders. The AE will be an
advocate for Varsity Tutors, its brand, and its suite of learning
products and programs.About Nerdy:Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent
company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online
learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through
technology. The Company's purpose-built proprietary platform
leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages
to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network.
Nerdy's comprehensive learning destination provides learning
experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats, including
one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group
classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy's flagship business,
Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation's largest platforms for live
online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly
to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other
institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/. The
company publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange on September
- Bachelor-level degree in any major.
- 5+ years successful education-sales experience closing business
with K-12 school districts, carrying a geographical territory, and
exceeding sales quotas.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency demonstrating
technology-based learning solutions.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, web-based presentation tools,
and video-conference tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer-relations skills and high emotional
- Located in Southern California.Responsibilities:
- Builds and manages a sales pipeline with schools to drive
organic growth of the K-12 business.
- Develops and executes a prospecting strategy that sources new
business opportunities through cold calling, client referrals,
emails and networking.
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge of Varsity Tutors'
product suite, the educational industry, and factors influencing
the market environment.
- Engages key stakeholders using effective consultative
techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning
strategies that lead to winning business.
- Conducts consultative sales conversations to understand
customer needs, highlight Varsity Tutors differentiators and
provide product recommendations that meet the needs of school
- Drives sales quickly to a close within the education system
using a process driven procurement process.
- Understands the K-12 procurement process and accurately
forecasts upcoming customer activity to sales leadership and
- Uses Salesforce to accurately track customer related
activities, communication, market data, and critical issues.
- Achieves key success metrics and goals.
- Collaborates with colleagues from other departments to improve
efficiency and facilitate a successful customer experience.
- Gathers customer feedback to understand the customer experience
deeply and shares learnings to inform the field sales team, go-to
market strategy, and product enhancements.Benefits/Culture:
- 100% remote position within the United States.
- Three-tier compensation package: Flexible base, $40K in
variable compensation (uncapped), and company equity (restricted
- Healthcare plans (medical, dental, vision, and life
- 401K-matching plan.
- Flexible PTO.
- Float holiday.
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off") to do community service/charity
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or your immediate
- Fun and collaborative work environment with plenty of training
in a feedback-rich culture.Varsity Tutors Leadership
Principles:Relentless Focus on Customers - Comfort with Ambiguity -
Ownership - Simplify Intellectual Curiosity - Build Teams - Think
Big - Insist on High Standards - Bias for Action Build Trust - Go
Deep - Have Conviction - Deliver Results - Are Right, a LotVarsity
Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Varsity Tutors, Los Angeles , Strategic Account Executive (K-12), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!