Sr Data Engineer
Company: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location: Panorama City
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Description The Senior Data Engineer will contribute to the
Company's success by partnering with business, analytics and
infrastructure teams to design and build datasets to facilitate
measuring marketing campaign effectiveness. Collaborating across
disciplines, they will identify internal/external data sources to
design table structure, define ETL strategy & automated Data
Quality checks. What You'll Do
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to
understand data and reporting requirements.
- Work with engineering teams to collect required data from
internal and external systems.
- Design table structures and define ETL strategy to build
performant Data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast
growing data ecosystem.
- Develop Data Quality checks and visualizations/dashboards
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration
tools such as Airflow and Nifi
- Implement database deployments using tools like Liquibase
- Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards/reports using Looker What To
- 3+ years of relevant data engineering experience,
- 2+ years of work experience implementing and reporting on
business key performance indicators in data warehousing
environments, required. -
- 2+ years of experience using analytic SQL, working with
traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems
(Snowflake or Redshift), required.
- 1+ years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python,
- 1+ years of experience with data orchestration/ETL tools
(Airflow, Nifi), preferred.
- Strong understanding of data modeling principles including
Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles.
- Good understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools
like Tableau, Looker, Chartio.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market
and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum principles and ceremonies Basic
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics,
or computer science, required. Additional Information DISNEYTECH
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Disney
Streaming embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as
a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
genetic information, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Los Angeles , Sr Data Engineer, Other , Panorama City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!