EVS Tech Lead (Hope Gardens)
Company: Union Rescue Mission
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains facility in clean and orderly condition
and assists with maintaining the general operational flow of the
department.CORE WORK PRINCIPLE: Colossians 3:23 is the foundation
of URM's standard for employment, Whatever you do, work at it with
all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for
people. The goal for each employee is to enrich and sustain a
humble heart attitude; to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving
others, treating them with kindness and truth; and to enrich and
sustain a zealous desire for achieving work objectives.ESSENTIAL
- Responsible for routine cleaning throughout the property, which
includes mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, waxing/buffing,
carpet cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, pressure washing and
- Responsible for office and special event room set-ups.
- Assist with moving and relocating facility furniture and
- Coordinates department tasks and special projects.
- Performs routine facility inspections to ensure the building is
clean and sanitized.
- Monitor work requests and progress.
- Coordinates and schedules EVS duties for technicians,
volunteers, and apprentices.
- Maintains CDC/Health Department guidelines & implements our
Infectious Disease Protocols.
- Leads and trains all EVS custodial staff, Apprentices and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed (morning,
evening, weekends, and holidays).
- Available to rotate between shifts when needed.
- Required to be on call to respond to EVS emergencies.
- Keeps inventory and orders all supplies for the EVS
- Attends onsite inspections with the Health Department.
- Fulfills tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of
- Carry other tasks and projects, as assigned by the Programs
- Commitment to the URM mission, vision, and core values.
- Encourages guests in their faith and growth in Jesus
Christ.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently abled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity for regular repetitive finger motion
and frequently reaching, pulling, pushing and lifting of objects
and operating equipment.
- May be exposed to handling hazardous materials such as broken
glass, bodily fluids, and chemicals.WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general,
the following conditions of the work environment are representative
of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential
functions of the job within the environment.
- Noise levels are considered moderate to high.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at work
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver license.
- Must have minimum of 5 years prior custodial experience
(preferably in a commercial setting).KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Ability to read basic English, effectively.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word,
Excel, and Teams)
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out
responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Ability to deliver quality customer service.PI187035019
Keywords: Union Rescue Mission, Los Angeles , EVS Tech Lead (Hope Gardens), Other , Sylmar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!