Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy - 12 hour
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai,
and it's part of the reason we've been named one of the top ten
hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of
exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others.Do you work well in a large
team environment patients where critical thinking is essential?The
Cedars-Sinai Hand Therapy Clinic works closely with hand surgeons
to provide excellent and innovative care to patients with different
hand injuries, from cumulative trauma to highly specialized
post-operative cases, this clinic is a fast-paced environment that
requires the ability to work independently.As a full time 12 hour
Occupational Therapist in the Cedars-Sinai Hand Therapy Clinic, you
will primarily complete evaluations, splinting and provide
appropriate treatment interventions per policies. Complete required
documentation in an accurate and thorough manner within expected
timeframes. Utilizes validated and standardized outcome measures to
establish goals, demonstrate progress and patient rehabilitation
prognosis. Monitors and modifies the progress of patients assigned
to assistants. Demonstrates effective communication skills with
patients, families, and care team members. -
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program- Minimum
- Master's or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy-
- Occupational Therapy License per California State
- American Heart Association BCLSWhat else are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a practicing therapist, with
a minimum of 1-year experience in the current or similar practice
setting. Experience and knowledge of assessment and intervention
techniques in a medical and physical disabilities setting.
Experience performing evaluations, designing and implementing
treatment plans, and providing education in a manner appropriate to
the patient's age.
- Good knowledge of assessment and intervention techniques in a
medical and physical disabilities setting.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be competent by virtue of training and/or experience to
perform evaluations, design and implement treatment plans and
provide education in a manner appropriate to the age of the
- Able to push, pull, lift or carry 0-35 pounds on an
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat consistently in order to
safely administer manual exercises and techniques;
- Able to assist patient with physical activities such as
transfers, bed mobility, and ambulation.
- Able to identify need for an arrange assistance to maintain
Working Title:Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy - 12 hour
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Job Specialty:Occupational Therapy
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Los Angeles , Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapy - 12 hour, Other , Valyermo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!