Program Assistant (Union Rescue Mission)
Company: Union Rescue Mission
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist with the management and monitoring of
guests to promote a safe and secure environment. CORE WORK
PRINCIPLE: Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM's standard for
employment, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as
though you were working for the Lord and not for people. The goal
for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude;
to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them
with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire
for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or
agendas. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Actively monitor the guests, ensuring compliance with all
program guidelines and expectations.
- Conduct property/room inspections as needed.
- Follow established protocols for medical emergencies and
- Provide written documentation as required (this may include
reports, presentations, and data analysis).
- Facilitate conflict resolution and intervene to diffuse any
potential volatile and/or hostile situations as needed.
- Assist with intake, discharge, and/or orientation processes as
- Attend scheduled department/team meetings as requested.
- Carry other task and projects assigned by Program Manager.
(Depending on location, tasks may include mail sorting and
delivery; transporting clients in a company vehicle; serving meals
to residents; serving as program representative to volunteers;
chaperoning children to name a few.
- Commitment to URM (Union Rescue Mission) mission, vision, and
- Encourage guests of their faith and growth in Jesus Christ.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate office equipment. PM20Requirements:
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current California driver license and ability to be added to
the company vehicle insurance policy required. Commercial license
is a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience in a related field (social
services, community relations, non-profits, etc.) performing
similar duties. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and
Outlook and the ability to learn proprietary computer
- Must have excellent organization skills and a strong ability to
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a high volume
- Fluency in Spanish a plus. (Los Angeles location)
- Ability to carry out responsibilities without direct
Keywords: Union Rescue Mission, Los Angeles , Program Assistant (Union Rescue Mission), Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!