Bilingual Multi-Site HR Lead
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Mira Loma
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and
multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more
than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to
our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room
thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win
everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all our
stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
What you will do
Th Multi-Site HR Lead is responsible for the local delivery and
execution of core HR services to employees and managers in
accordance with Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS)
principles, corporate policies and procedures, and plant operations
with an emphasis on benefits, performance review, and training. The
individual in this role will perform a variety of employment
related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee
engagement, safety and health, productivity, and ensuring employee
compliance with company policies for 2 of our manufacturing
facilities in Mira Loma, CA.
How you will do it
* Establish self as 'go to' HR person for managers and employees in
assigned territory. Develop effective working relationships with
local management and employees in order to influence and coach them
on effective employment practices.
* Work in partnership with local management on various employment
matters including Performance Management issues, employee inquiries
or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR
activities such as:, Ethics/Integrity Training, the Employee
Survey, the Performance Reviews, and Goal Setting process, etc.
* Conduct investigations and recommend actions to effectively
resolve policy violations. Seek counsel from Legal as necessary to
ensure proper risk management. Elevate maters to the Regional HR
Operations Director or other appropriate authority as may be
* Maintain required documentation, including electronic
documentation, supporting Affirmative Action, Leaves of Absence
including Family Medical Leaves, Attendance, Vacation, and Positive
* Conduct hourly recruitment for open positions following
established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action
* Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation using corporate
standardized onboarding material.
* Create and maintain personnel records.
* Support the administration of employee handbook.
* Assist with plant compliance with Federal and State employment
and Labor Laws.
* Provide training and support for e-tools, including HR Atlas,
Workday, Share point, Performance Management, and Survey Action
* Direct the efforts of outside vendors.
What we look for
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business,
or related field is required
* HR experience working in a manufacturing facility/environment is
preferable; minimum of 5 years HR Generalist skills, especially in
the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, employee
relations and, where applicable, labor law and labor relations.
* Bilingual Spanish/English required
* Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be
fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date,
unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held
religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
* Experience as a human resources generalist in a manufacturing
* Union experience preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Los Angeles , Bilingual Multi-Site HR Lead, Other , Mira Loma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!