Company: Easterseals Southern California
Location: Granada Hills
Posted on: June 25, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM AND RECEIVE A $1500 HIRING BONUS! - -Easterseals
Southern California is hiring Direct Service Associates! These team
members attend to the personal care of residents living in our
residential group homes. Team members also also assist in the
planning and coordination of daily activities that facilitate
development of living skills for residents. We provide the highest
quality of care and are looking for candidates who will have
compassion and concern for the well being of our clients. Join our
team now!!!! -
- Under direct supervision, attends to the personal care of
residents living in the residential facility. Assists in the
planning and coordination of daily activities to facilitate
development of living skills for residents.
- Conducts daily activities to assist in the development of
living skills, consistent with the residents' Individual Program
Plan (IPP) and Individual Support Plan (ISP) goals
- Assists in the administration and monitoring of medications,
which may include suppositories.
- Provides personal care for residents which may include
assistance with eating, personal hygiene, showering, restroom
assistance, and preparing for bedtime.
- Assists in care and cleaning of residential home, which
includes laundering & ironing of residents' clothing.
- Assists and/or prepares meals in compliance with dietary
restrictions; assists individuals to eat, including those who may
require assistance with G-tube feeding.
- Transports individuals to health care appointments and other
- Completes all necessary reports and documentation on a daily
- HS diploma and 1 to 2 years' experience, or equivalent
combination of training, education and experience to perform the
- DSP-I and DSP-II Certification required.
- Valid CPR, CPI and First Aid Certifications.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing; Ability to
interpret and carry out written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and
decision-making skills; Ability to exercise discretion and
confidentiality pertaining to the work environment.
- Ability to pass post-offer medical examination and test for
- Able to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint
clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of
Investigation per Easterseals Southern California and/or program
- Ability to travel locally with vehicle appropriate for the
transportation of residents; maintain driving record in compliance
with Transportation Safety Standards. Must possess and maintain
proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care to residents
and to transfer an individual who has no weight bearing skills.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk,
stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to
push/pull wheelchairs on a variety of terrain. -
Keywords: Easterseals Southern California, Los Angeles , DSP 2, Other , Granada Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!