Volunteer Representative (Hybrid) DTLA & Angeles House
Company: Union Rescue Mission
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 26, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:Under the general supervision of the Volunteer
Manager, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day
activities of the volunteer department at Angeles House and Union
Rescue Mission (DTLA). This position will interact directly with
groups and people interested in volunteering at Union Rescue
Mission (URM), including hosting orientations and tours. CORE WORK
PRINCIPLE:Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM's standard for
employment, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as
though you were working for the Lord and not for people. The goal
for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude;
to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them
with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire
for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or
- Print volunteer schedule/sign-in sheets daily, input volunteer
hours and new volunteer applications into software.
- Hold group and individual orientations as scheduled throughout
- Provide URM and Angeles House tours, as scheduled.
- Assist in planning and executing holiday events particularly
the Thanksgiving celebration, Christmas in July, and Christmas
- Oversee, work, and execute projects and events with individual
and group volunteers, including vendors and organizations who may
be sponsoring an event.
- Prepare supplies and oversee volunteer group projects.
- Travel to URM facilities and on occasion the
Warehouse/Distribution Center, as needed.
- Communicate and work with various departments mission
- Work with the Volunteer Department Coordinator to carry out
- Work with the Operations Department to carry out various
- Carry out other tasks and projects as assigned by the Volunteer
- On occasion answer phones and emails for those interested in
- Commitment to URM mission, vision, and core values.
- Encourage volunteers of their faith and growth in Jesus Christ.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently abled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional lifting of supplies
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds WORK ENVIRONMENT:In general, the
following conditions of the work environment are representative of
those that an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential
functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lit, and ventilated
- Noise levels: low to moderate.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES:
- Minimum 1-year experience in customer service, event planning,
and volunteer work
- Proficient in Microsoft programs; be internet savvy KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes Saturdays,
evenings, and weekends, as needed
- Excellent people/customer service skills
- Excellent public speaking skills (facility tours)
- Ability to multitask, diffuse angry/frustrated people and
groups, including Skid Row population
- Must be willing to wear multiple hats and take initiative
- Familiarity with event set up and managing
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well with others, team playerPI183090989
Keywords: Union Rescue Mission, Los Angeles , Volunteer Representative (Hybrid) DTLA & Angeles House, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!