Universal Banker (Santa Clarita, CA )
Company: Mission Valley Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you seeking a fun, collaborative and dynamic
environment where your contributions as a Universal Banker will be
recognized? If the answer is yes, apply to become a member of
Mission Valley Bank's valued, talented and proven team, dedicated
to service excellence. Our Universal Bankers (Santa Clarita, CA)
are professional, friendly, provide excellent customer service, and
possess excellent communication skills. You must love people to
identify and offer new bank products and services, be detail
oriented and accurate with counting and balancing. You must love
people and numbers to provide high-level client service support to
internal and external client inquiries. Essential Duties and
- Work with MVB's Team to foster superior customer service and
efficient bank operations.
- Build relationships with customers in order to cross-sell other
products and services by suggesting bank products and service to
current and prospective customers that fit their needs.
- Performs teller functions in accordance with policies,
procedures and compliance. Consistently balance teller window
timely and balance cash to General Ledger. Investigate and resolve
all cash drawer discrepancies.
- Balance vaults-maintain appropriate cash levels.
- Assist customers in opening new accounts. Provides detailed
product information to customers and prospective clients.
- Assist customers with routine account-related requests such as
funds transfers, wire transfers, stop payments, inquiries about
bank deposit products and service charges, inquiries about checking
and savings account transactions, inquiries about funds
availability, inquiries about debit card usage limits and check
verification request by third parties. Maintain confidentiality at
- Comply with procedures for opening and closing of operations
including alarm and door duties (including testing).
- Enforce dual control procedures at all times.
- Follows cash control procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized office and ensure that employees
do the same on a daily basis.
- Maintain monthly branch efficiency logs.
- Assist with branch Audits to insure ongoing adherence with
- Maintain knowledge and develop expertise for the smart safe and
other vaulted customers to act as a liaison between those customers
and the branch manager.
- Embrace MVB's core values ACCEPT, show respect for cultural
differences; promote working environment free of harassment of any
type; support a diverse workforce and affirmative action.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and may train others on products,
services, departmental systems, and related technology, policies
- Bring any suspicious activity to the attention of a supervisor,
or the Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- Follow all Bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance
with all laws and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory guidelines including but
not limited to FCRA, BSA, GLBA, etc. as the regulations pertain to
the employee's job function.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Requirements
- Associate degree preferred or related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in banking branch operations
with knowledge of banking regulations.
- Experience in new commercial accounts and customer service
- Complete knowledge and understanding of bank operations,
policies and procedures to include client issues.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the
ability to deal professionally with issues, problems, and
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; good
organizational, research and follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of clients, staff, and
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and
employ basic reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction from
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline driven, team
- Excellent knowledge in MS Word, proficient in Excel, Outlook,
preferable Fiserv.About Mission Valley BankWe are an independent
commercial business bank focused on the financial needs of small
and mid-sized businesses and their owners, professionals,
entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals. Launched in July
2001, headquartered in Sun Valley, CA, our organizers and founders
are local business people and bankers who have worked in - and
served - this community for many years. We understand the
importance of developing and building strong relationships within
the communities we serve, providing exceptional financial solutions
and acting as Trusted Advisors to each of our clients. Mission
Valley Bank knows that being an outstanding bank requires both
knowledge and delivering superior service to our customers. Every
day we perform with an uncompromising commitment to the highest
customer service standards. We seek talented and proven individuals
who share these standards to join our team.Physical Demands / Work
Environment This is primarily a sedentary position that requires
extensive computer work. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to
type, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. In the
performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to
travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and
e-mail. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It
takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and
apply!Mission Valley Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to
create opportunities for our people and our business. We offer a
competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401K
plan. Mission Valley Bank will not reimburse for relocation.
Mission Valley Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Pre-employment
background checks are required for all positions.We will consider
for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with
Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles'
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.Note: This preceding
job description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Mission Valley Bank, Los Angeles , Universal Banker (Santa Clarita, CA ), Other , Valencia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!